Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many litres of Kerosene per hour?

• 25-12-2013 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there any way I can find out how much Kerosene my burner uses per hour of use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Just wondering is there any way I can find out how much Kerosene my burner uses per hour of use?

101 different factors to consider,101 different opinions, 101 different reasons, I'm afraid. Boiler,house,service quality,+customer.

My very rough guide for all 101 reasons on an average house is 2 ltr per hr.

Interesting answered I'm sure will follow from others.!!

As for exact usage you could fit an oil meter on oil line. Or devide Bill by hours.

Let's see how bored and sober and not so sober replys we get.
    Happy Xmass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

The size of the jet would be a good place to start. Mine is 0.6, which means it uses 0.6 U.S. Gallons per hour (in continuous running obviously).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

scudo2 wrote: »
    101 different factors to consider,101 different opinions, 101 different reasons, I'm afraid. Boiler,house,service quality,+customer.

My very rough guide for all 101 reasons on an average house is 2 ltr per hr.

Interesting answered I'm sure will follow from others.!!

As for exact usage you could fit an oil meter on oil line. Or devide Bill by hours.

Let's see how bored and sober and not so sober replys we get.
    Happy Xmass.
    We? Is this a joint question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

gctest50 wrote: »

Long payback time with the prices quoted on that site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

jca wrote: »
    We? Is this a joint question?

I'm a fulltime oil service eng. When I post an honest reply its fun to see the 101 debates my opinions often generate !!

"We" should have been "it"
    Better word.

Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

gctest50 wrote: »

The house is rented so I won't be buying anything like that. Look really nifty though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Here's a pic of the info on the burner:

th_9b094f32-4a16-4f41-bb2d-fec8f62de8f5.jpg

It's more out of general interest I would like to know, even if it was a broad estimate it's better than what I know now. Would help with some general budgeting as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

The size of the jet would be a good place to start. Mine is 0.6, which means it uses 0.6 U.S. Gallons per hour (in continuous running obviously).
    Close but not quite correct.e.g if you had a 0.60es or a 0.60eh nozzle fitted, the reference specification point is 7 bar for that nozzle.This means that if the burner pump was set to 7bar it would burn 0.60 USgal/h on continuous running for one hour.If set at 9 bar it would burn alot more

• Advertisement

agusta wrote: »
    Close but not quite correct.e.g if you had a 0.60es or a 0.60eh nozzle fitted, the reference specification point is 7 bar for that nozzle.This means that if the burner pump was set to 7bar it would burn 0.60 USgal/h on continuous running for one hour.If set at 9 bar it would burn alot more

Would it be on 7 bar for kerosene?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Usually between 7-8 bar is the norm but can go higher in certain situations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

It could,but most most unlikely.The pump pressure is set using a pressure gauge.The pressure it should be set to will be in your boiler manual.The correct nozzle type will also be in your boiler manual.Then set up using a flue gas analyzer to get maximum efficiency from your boiler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

This might answer your question.

Obviously prices will be different,

http://thehelpfulengineer.com/index.php/2011/02/how-much-does-an-oil-boiler-cost-per-hour/

pa990 wrote: »
    This might answer your question.

Obviously prices will be different,

http://thehelpfulengineer.com/index.php/2011/02/how-much-does-an-oil-boiler-cost-per-hour/

Yep, nozzle size is used as the main basis for calculating oil usage..... The op only wants an approximate figure. ;)

Thanks lads think I will just count it as around 2 litres an hour. I buy oil in drums so its more just when to know I should be getting another drum without having to climb up and look into the tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Do a search this was covered before

Advertisement