Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

valve in hot press

Options
  • 25-12-2013 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Living in Charlesland court and a valve in the hotpress has started opening and closing every minute or two a loud click. Little grey box at foot of hot water tank. Any ideas why this starts happening and anything i should do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭.243

Johnny K wrote: »
    Living in Charlesland court and a valve in the hotpress has started opening and closing every minute or two a loud click. Little grey box at foot of hot water tank. Any ideas why this starts happening and anything i should do.
    It sounds like a motorized valve,is it clicking all the time or only when you activate the heating system

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

.243 wrote: »
    It sounds like a motorized valve,is it clicking all the time or only when you activate the heating system

It's clicking all the time sometimes can be more or less often not consistent. Yeah its the motorized valve for two zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭.243

try pushing the slider from auto to manual and see if it still clicks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

.243 wrote: »
    try pushing the slider from auto to manual and see if it still clicks

There is no slider on it that day auto/manual. There is on the rhs which moves from zone a to b and a tab which moves on top it keeps moving from right to left when it gets to the left it jumps back and clicks. I can't see the lhs but on feeling here there is what feels like a button pressed it nothing happens and it won't slide any direction. Over resorted to tripping the electricity to the boiler at night to stop the noise. I suppose I should just get someone to look at it. Plumber or electrician?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Some of those zone valves can have the electrical part replaced by removing the unit without disconnecting the actual water valve. The actuator is the electrical unit which sits on a spindle. Not seeing your unit I won't say for definite but can you check a part number on the casing. Have a look on youtube for tips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement