Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pubs stephens day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

mdwexford wrote: »
    Pubs don't close early Stephens day.

Hope this helps.

They do in South Dublin where i am, most of them, only one i know thats all night

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭usersame

It's a new thing this year pubs will close at 5pm tomorrow my mate is a cop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

usersame wrote: »
    It's a new thing this year pubs will close at 5pm tomorrow my mate is a cop

My mate drinks alot of pints, he confirms the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Head outside the city OP, it's the biggest session of the year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

If you can't find a pub opened in Dublin city centre after 5pm on Stephens' Day, I lose all hope for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Henlars67 wrote: »
    But why would an atheist be bothered about a pub closing early Stephen's Day?

You're making no sense.

Because they are all over the thread on the Christmas Day closure crying like children because the pubs closed today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    They do in South Dublin where i am, most of them, only one i know thats all night
    Yep most I know are open til 6

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Union rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Because they are all over the thread on the Christmas Day closure crying like children because the pubs closed today.

Talk about a spectacular missing of the point.

nobody has a problem with publicans choosing to close their premises any day they wish

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

this thread makes no fúcking sense and i love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I didn't read this thread but I hope someone will listen.

Don't be one of those assholls who ruins the men's jacks by being a selfish prick. You are better than this. I hope this gets through to at leastone person here.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Dublin's crap Stephen's Day and New Year's Eve.
    Its just one of those things.

Stay home or go to the races.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭usersame

After half of West Harrington street got burnt down last year it's a 5pm close this year and it's about time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Possibly the biggest social night of the year in Ireland, of course the pubs will be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭Corvo

Have I been unconscious for the past 10 years and it's now 2023 or what? What's going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Corvo wrote: »
    Have I been unconscious for the past 10 years and it's now 2023 or what? What's going on?

Some people think the pubs will close here tomorrow at 5, some think tomorrow is the busiest pub day of the year here. Here is undefined.

Clear now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭dmc17

Some people think the pubs will close here tomorrow at 5, some think tomorrow is the busiest pub day of the year here. Here is undefined.

Clear now?

Others believe that there are no pubs, that pubs are simply an invention of the mind and therefore to watch the game after 5pm would never have been possible in the first place. It's all becoming clear now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭coolock94

all I no is ive been going out stephens day every year now and last order is always called at around five,, some place may stay open but I don't know any

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

coolock94 wrote: »
    all I no is ive been going out stephens day every year now and last order is always called at around five,, some place may stay open but I don't know any

Stephens day doesn't even exist after 12 pm.

You poor demented man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

When you say "every year", how many years are we talking about?

Also, you do realise that not everyone on AHs lives in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Have you set your clock to daylight saving time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I know the pubs (I think at least one of them is family owned) around here closed for the night last year (Dublin 1 here).
    If I see one of them open tomorrow I'll ask but AFAIK, most of the ones in town would be open.

5 years now and im sure it will stay open especially if its packed with fans wanting to watch the game

5 years now and im sure it will stay open especially if its packed with fans wanting to watch the game

5 years? According to your profile, you're 19.

doesn't mean I cant go to the pub

doesn't mean I cant go to the pub

Accompanied by an adult 5 years ago ok.
    Maybe you had to leave at 5 because you were underage?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

diograis wrote: »
    this thread makes no fúcking sense and i love it
    One of my favorite threads of the year was the one that turned into a Sabrina discussion.

haha no man cause the last 2 years ive been drinkin and everyone leaves but look this is way off discussion,,,ill just see how it goes tomorrow

haha no man cause the last 2 years ive been drinkin and everyone leaves but look this is way off discussion,,,ill just see how it goes tomorrow

Maybe some do close early in Dublin.

• Advertisement

see new I wasn't goin mad :)

Advertisement