Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Brom 26/12/13

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

In Tim we trust

Yeah right.

.. Season is a write off. Its gonna take some managerial signing in the summer or we are going to end up back in 07-08

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

We look like AVB's Spurs without any organisation and massive gaps between the lines. Saying that though, we look like a team playing with zero confidence.

I have a bit of room for optimism because if TS can improve the confidence (which might be what he's doing by playing 442 in order to get us scoring) the tactics can be fixed easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Hate to say it but I think we are ****ed, back to the bad old days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Hate to say it but I think we are ****ed, back to the bad old days

Which ones? Don't think we will be as bad as we were under Gross or Ramos but we are a far cry from the last 3 seasons. I'm sure we will improve as the season goes on, but what if we don't ... What if we are still this bad in 8 weeks time, levy wouldn't sack 2 managers in a season would he...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

We look like AVB's Spurs without any organisation and massive gaps between the lines. Saying that though, we look like a team playing with zero confidence.

I have a bit of room for optimism because if TS can improve the confidence (which might be what he's doing by playing 442 in order to get us scoring) the tactics can be fixed easily enough.

The one thing AVB's Spurs had was organisation. But sure what's the point..................

And it's clear already that Sherwood couldn't take a tactical shíte.. But sure onwards and upwards.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Seen this on twitter about our current tactics situation...

AVB

Plan A - failed to execute.
    Plan B - Non existent.

Sherwood...

Plan A - Non existent.

Which ones? Don't think we will be as bad as we were under Gross or Ramos but we are a far cry from the last 3 seasons. I'm sure we will improve as the season goes on, but what if we don't ... What if we are still this bad in 8 weeks time, levy wouldn't sack 2 managers in a season would he...

Not sure what ones , but we are a mess and Sherwood ain't the man to fix it, levy the **** up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Sherwood gave an interview regarding why he is the "right" man.

"It's a gamble because I've never done it before. There are lot of good managers who had never done it before and become a success."

saved the best for last... "I was never a professional player until I stepped on the field."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Jeez the backlash after one game is unreal.

It was a bad game. But lads chill out for 5 minutes. It's only his third game in charge. Atleast give him a bit of time to bed into the role.

Gutted to say this but apart from the free kick Eriksen looked brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Morgans

Aren't we just waiting for whoever takes over from Sherwood? Its only a question of how much time we waste waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

irishmover wrote: »
    Jeez the backlash after one game is unreal.

It was a bad game. But lads chill out for 5 minutes. It's only his third game in charge.

First game we threw away a lead, capitulated if you will.
    Southampton we got lucky.
    Today we were pants, completely lost.

If Levys plan is to languish in mid table for the rest of the season it's working. Sherwood is not Redknapp Mk II, he has no credentials yet he's in charge of a top club, our club.

Tim's inexperience (naivety) will cost us dearly for the remainder of the season. We'll probably beat the less organised sides but get found out terribly against the better ones.

It's gonna be hard to watch lads, buy a crash helmet!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

It was a bad game. But lads chill out for 5 minutes. It's only his third game in charge. Atleast give him a bit of time to bed into the role.

The concern is that there are some very blatant problems/holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Morgans

I agree. When Malky Mackay was just about to get shipped out at Cardiff, there was the usual line of pundits stating that that there would be dozens of managers lining up willing to take on Vincent Tan for the chance to manage a premiership club. Imagine how many would be willing to take up position at Spurs. The only thing to admire about Tim Sherwood is how he has manouvered the situation to get the job.

Bentaleb and the younger Spurs will get their run to peddle the idea that Sherwood understands the youth, whether or not they should be in the team on merit.

Would like to have Benny recalled though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

It's gonna be hard to watch lads, buy a crash helmet!;)

Been hard to watch since August. ;)

No problem with levy turfing AVB but Deadwood as the solution??? Cant see it tbh.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Been hard to watch since August. ;)

No problem with levy turfing AVB but Deadwood as the solution??? Cant see it tbh.
    Sherwood is an awful appointment for 18 months, I'm so negative and disappointed about the whole thing

Rumours abound that Jamie Redknapp is to be appointed as a member of the coaching staff.

Fcuk you Santa!

Rumours abound that Jamie Redknapp is to be appointed as a member of the coaching staff.

Fcuk you Santa!

Don't be putting me in worse form

Les Ferdinand, Tim Sherwood, Steffen Freund and Jamie Redknapp.

The club of ex players.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

The club of ex players.

They can't affect what's going on on the pitch.levy is at fault but let's get behind the team. We're down alot of first teamers.people complained when we played 5 at home, now the complaint is we're too attacking and open.I've said it before, our defence is poor.something is wrong at the lane, we're better away from home.and for the record, I didn't think we were lucky against southampton, created good openings against a good team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Well we didn't lose so that's a positive, didn't see the game. Struggled against this lot last season home/away. Bring on Stoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Fcuk you Santa Levy !

Fixed that for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

The funny thing is, had we won yesterday we would have only been 3 points off fourth! Frustrating.

The club of ex players.

Jobs for the boys.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    The funny thing is, had we won yesterday we would have only been 3 points off fourth! Frustrating.

How many times have we said that this season

We lack determination to grind out results

Also, chadli is garbage

Also, chadli is garbage

The majority of our new signings have looked like that

Also, chadli is garbage

He had a better game than Soldadont and Eriksen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

He had a better game than Soldadont and Eriksen though.

All 3 were rubbish IMO, and all have been poor signings so far.

• Advertisement

KingdomYid wrote: »
    All 3 were rubbish IMO, and all have been poor signings so far.

Surprised, usually I get a grilling for taking Soldado's name in vein.

But I suppose the longer he is playing ****e it will only lead to people losing faith in him.

He did cost £13m + £13m in addons so I'm only guessing that he's a long way away from reaching those addons.

Advertisement