Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HID Xenon Lights?

• 25-12-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi all,

I just picked up my new bike last week, a GSXR 750 K7, a real step up from a 400 :D but the last night i was out on it and the high beam blew on me on a dark country road.... not very fun.

Anyways I was curious about installing those fancy HID Xenon lights and was curious if anybody had any experience with them and what peoples thoughts are on them?

Depending on what colour you chose, they apparently can increase visibility up to 300% (6000K - colour) I wonder if they cause problems with melting light housing?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭sean61

Well worth fitting. I've had them for 2 years on the R1 and they turn night into day. They also make you stand out a lot more during the day because they're so bright. I get flashed by other drivers an odd time but I've never been stopped by the gardai or anything. I'd definitely miss them if I bought a new bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭sean61

No problems with light housing melting either. I could be wrong in saying this but I think they run cooler than halogen bulbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

sean61 wrote: »
    No problems with light housing melting either. I could be wrong in saying this but I think they run cooler than halogen bulbs

I sure it would depend on the individual bikes and the set up of the lamp placement and the glass/plastic housing etc. if the melting is gonna happen. But I would deffo recommened them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

They only work well in projector headlamps. In a normal reflector housing they scatter the light and blind oncoming drivers. The amount of muppets in cars with them retrofitted to reflector housings are the reason you get dazzled so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well the 2010 Triumph GT I have is a projector headlamp....so its all good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement