Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Games

Options
  • 26-12-2013 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hey. Ive been looking around and couldnt find the right section for this so I put it here as it seemed the most appropriate. If someone would like to move it if theirs I right place that would be great and Im sorry for not seeing it :)

Anyway I was thinking of buying games with an american address on Amazon to pay the USD price since its much cheaper and since its an online code the game doest have to be physically delivered (online code) so it wouldn't be a problem but Im not sure if it is. I know theres no problem with Steam games but for a game like Battlefield 4 for Origin would it work. Duelux edition plus premium is only $57 (usually 90 euro)
    If anyone has any info Id greatly appreciate it

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

To purchase CD keys off amazon, all you need is a US billing address setup on the account.

For Steam / Origin, some of the keys can be region locked, but I'm unsure of any simple method to identify'em. If it doesn't state it needs a Steam/Origin account, it's possible that the game is avail to download through their own manager. (doesn't need any extra software)

For PSN codes, you'll need a US PSN account, which is also done by just associating it with a US billing address.

This comes up a lot on the games forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

Thanks. I tried it by downloading battlefield 4 and it works perfectly :)

Advertisement