Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My cat ate tinsel

• 26-12-2013 6:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Cleaning out the litter tray I found a tiny piece of tinsel in her poo. I have no tinsel in the apartment apart from a little christmas tree thing. The pieces are maybe 2cm long. I think it was one of those. Is she ok since she passed it? Is there anything to look out for? Should I bring her to the vet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I'd say keep an eye on her for a few days, make sure there is no change in appitite/vomiting/toilet troubles, and see if she passes any more. If you're worried though maybe just call the vet for their opinion! Hope she's okay and doesn't develop a case of... Tinsil-itis! (I'm sorry, bad Xmas cracker jokes :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Rosier

I had a siamese who used to do this; never came to any harm thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

It was kinda funny it was like a little gift wrapped poo! Makes me wonder what the cats at home ate half the time cause they only used the tray at night!

Advertisement