Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 18 matchday thread

• 26-12-2013 9:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭

Looks like I'll have to get this one going on one of the biggest days of the year since the usual suspects appear to be still in bed. Captain choice will be crucial and there are a pile of candidates but many will be afraid to move from you know who. No player has or will ever score in every game he plays in the English league, I think Suarez could score today but I can't see him getting double FPL figures, I'm gonna take the chance on Lukaku, he's got to come out of his slump sooner or later, today is a perfect opportunity.

Incidentally as things stand I have my strongest bench ever, if Vlaar plays at home to Palace he's on my bench as is Ollson at home to Fulham and Bannan away to Villa, it wouldn't surprise me for any of them to score 8-10 points but I don't know who else to drop.

Good luck to all, I really need a big day or I'll be really fed up tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I think Suarez could score today but I can't see him getting double FPL figures, I'm gonna take the chance on Lukaku, he's got to come out of his slump sooner or later, today is a perfect opportunity.

Incidentally as things stand I have my strongest bench ever, if Vlaar plays at home to Palace he's on my bench as is Ollson at home to Fulham and Bannan away to Villa, it wouldn't surprise me for any of them to score 8-10 points but I don't know who else to drop.

This sounds like my school of thought the last 30mins!

Distin is doubtfull so have Vlaar as my first sub. Really hoping Everton steam roll Sunderland to nil, would really make my day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

RTE (I know) indicating Terry will be rested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am going in to a media blackout from about 12 today. Will watch match of the day after the wife and kids have gone to bed.
    It makes MOTD very exciting when you have no idea what the scores are but can be heartbreaking when your FF team has not performed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My team is:

Mannone
    Terry Mertesacker Coleman
    Ramsey Ozil Silva Hazard
    Suarez (c) Lukaku Rooney

Harper Turner Ward Morrisson

I feel its a strong looking line up bar Mannone, but he was a necessity in my four point hit to get Silva.

Of course, a strong looking line up means nothing in this game. Cabaye, Yaya and Ade will all probably score braces!!

KevIRL wrote: »
    RTE (I know) indicating Terry will be rested.

I have Ben Turner to come in anyway if he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

It could be very foolish of me to take the captains armband off suarez because as has been said he's capable of scoring against anyone and his form at the moment reminds me of Ronaldo in 07/08 where you just felt he was going to socre a brace almost every game but i can't see Liverpool scoring more than once at best.
    I have it on adebayor at the moment as he's at home to west brom and looks very like a man with a point to prove and not many people will have him and surely sherwood will start him after his brace last week?
    have vlaar too, i've started him because i think he'll either start for villa or not be involved at all, i can't see him coming on for a 1 pointer.
    shaw comes in if vlaar doesn't make it and if shaw himself doesn't make it or terry is rested then i have Danny "how the hell did you get in my team" Gabbidon coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

just say on ssn that giroud and ozil might be rested for bendtner and cazorla. they didn't give any quotes or anything so not sure where they got this from.
    If ozil doesn't play, ravel morrision will come in. (for me, not arsenal:D)

Hogey007 wrote: »
    just say on ssn that giroud and ozil might be rested for bendtner and cazorla. they didn't give any quotes or anything so not sure where they got this from.
    If ozil doesn't play, ravel morrision will come in. (for me, not arsenal:D)

I'd well believe that Cazorla will come in. Bendtner and then Podolski at a later stage for Giroud I'd expect.

As per any previous Xmas, I've started my best 11 and will just roll with whatever happens from here on in. My expectations for rests from my best 11 are Terry, Hazard and Ozil.

I've three playing subs anyway. Ben Turner, Ward and Morrisson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Would love if Ozil and Terry were rested but that's just so other people do well which isn't really the Christmas spirit is it... I'll concentrate on praying Vlaar starts and bags me a clean sheet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The captaincy is killing me today. Suarez or Rooney.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The captaincy is killing me today. Suarez or Rooney.

Suarez. Hull are actually better at the back than City IMO.

I'm playing it safe with Suarez. I won't even be able to watch the late game if I have the captaincy on Rooney or Lukaku and they flop. I'd be happy with 6-10 points from all three, but no huge differences!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Toying with Flukaku now. Has never gone 4 games without a goal. Playing against worst team in the league that will most likely be missing Brown and O Shea. Is at home playing for a team in form that seems to spread the goals around. Granted his form hasn't been great. Mainly due to service rather than missing chances.

Only hesitation is the fact that a lot got burned by him while Suárez went nuts. I'm almost afraid to take it off Luis.

Physioroom saying Vlaar is very doubtful

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Oh sweet jebus...I'm regretting leaving my plans to the last second. Sorting my team with so many decisions to make while being hungover to f*** while still in bed in a darkened room could have implications.

Captaincy conundrums....and debates about taking one, two or no points hits is something I just can't handle...tempted to just stick it all on Turner and be done with it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Would Rafael be a def starter for Man U?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Would Rafael be a def starter for Man U?

I'd be surprised if he doesnt start

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭TheSetMiner

Is anyone else captaining Adebayor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Is anyone else captaining Walcott? :pac:

Ok I'm making no transfers because I can't decide what to do. My gut tells me Lukaku->Ade and Couts->Mirallas but thats a risky pair.

I also still have Mig and unsure over Ozil's game time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

jebforever wrote: »
    Is anyone else captaining Walcott? :pac:

Giroud and Ozil to be rested apparently. Walcott could be up top. Has had good Christmas returns in previous years. Likes scoring against West Ham too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

gazzaninga
    terry dawson ollson
    hazard walcott cabaye oscar
    suarez lukaku (c) rooney

Davis clyne morrison g johnson
    No doubt yaya, ramsey and coleman will ruin my day again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Switched (c) to Lukaku away from Suarez at last minute. Have a feeling Lukaku could get a brace today whereas could draw a blank. Fingers crossed. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

madds wrote: »
    Switched (c) to Lukaku away from Suarez at last minute. Have a feeling Lukaku could get a brace today whereas could draw a blank. Fingers crossed. :D
    Same. What have I done........they will all probably end up with just appearance points now :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Giroud and Ozil to be rested apparently. Walcott could be up top. Has had good Christmas returns in previous years. Likes scoring against West Ham too.

Indeed he does . Walcott has 3 goals and 4 assists in his last 3 games against West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Just couldn't do Ozil -> Walcott for some reason. I know it's gonna kill me... If Terry and Ozil are actually rested my GW could turn into a disaste, as usual per me for the Christmas period... Hate this FF time of year :mad:!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

For better or worse I've left it with Lukaku rather than Suarez or Rooney. If it all goes tits up, I've a lovely bottle of Redbreast 12 to get me through the late kick off :)

Captained Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

didn't sign in in time to do Lallana to Silva for a 4pt hit.

it's a marginal call anyway so hopefully all will be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

rooney , wellbeck and fletcher start for utd janujaz doesnt.

Hull City: McGregor, Bruce, Chester, Davies, Elmohamady, Figueroa, Meyler, Huddlestone, Livermore, Graham, Sagbo

Manchester United: De Gea, Rafael, Evra, Evans, Smalling, Fletcher, Cleverley, Valencia, Young, Welbeck, Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Balls, no Januzaj, I knew that move would bite me in the hole frequently

I brought Januzaj in at a 4 point hit. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Where is Jones

Steven81 wrote: »
    Where is Jones

Not even on the bench.

Manchester United Subs: Lindegaard, Vidic, Fabio, Carrick, Kagawa, Januzaj, Hernandez

• Advertisement

Ok for better or worse I sold Couts for Mirallas and left the captaincy on Suarez.

I can see Ozil not starting, Lukaku blanking and Ade scoring a brace but I also see Mig saving 2 Yaya penalties later :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Captained Rooney, at least will have a chance to watch him play before returning to work for 4pm.
    Januzaj not starting is a good news - many people brought him in.
    Goal and assist from Rooney followed by Hull scoring would be nice.

My main rival who cannot miss this season has swapped Negredo out for Adebayor, and captained him. This should be interesting. Let's see a lot of disappointed Ade today please!

emmanuel-adebayor-sad-tottenham-cropped

Looks like Walcott and Welbeck are my main differentials today. It could get messy if Terry, Giroud and Ozil get rested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Never a better gameweek to try a differential captain IMO.
    City should dominate possession at home and Liverpool will have to defend. If all goes as it should then Suarez won't get many chances. I think as long as he doesn't score more than 4/5 points it won't be too damaging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Steven81 wrote: »
    Where is Jones

Out for 2 weeks according to moyes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

KevIRL wrote: »
    Out for 2 weeks according to moyes

Wish he could have told me that earlier today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Could be a big injury for City according to BBC Radio Manchester's City commentator.

Ian Cheeseman ‏@IanCheeseman 39m
    I've heard an unsubstantiated rumour that might have been a #mcfc injury in training yesterday,I'm not giving you a name & hope I'm wrong

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

opr wrote: »
    Could be a big injury for City according to BBC Radio Manchester's City commentator.

Ian Cheeseman ‏@IanCheeseman 39m
    I've heard an unsubstantiated rumour that might have been a #mcfc injury in training yesterday,I'm not giving you a name & hope I'm wrong

Opr

Long as it aint Silva... likely Kompany i would think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

goal hull 1-0 chester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chester! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

bruce assist

Chester on the bench!:mad:

How many people have Chester sitting as 3rd sub I wonder? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79