Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 18 matchday thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

moses yellow

silva off garcia on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Silva off. Could affect BPs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

silva off garcia on

Sh!t
    On the plus side he didn't pick up a yellow

Needed either Yaya or Suarez to do something. Really disappointing stuff

suarez booked

Worse still - Suarez yellow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Yellow for Suarez to round off a terrible day.the auld lad had Rooney as captain. Laughing like a Cheshire Cat he is

FT city 2-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Great. That'll see me into the next round of the cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

a massive 32 points inc predicted bonus points.....shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

42 with at least 8 BPS to come. Through in the cup. A productive if not spectacular day all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

a great day nothing for coleman, yaya and a little injury for ramsey. Lukaku outscoring suarez as captain aswell:pac:

77 with predicted bps... should see lots of green arrows

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

29 points... worst gameweek i've ever had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

tumblr_inline_murc5rXBKk1qbq8mr.gif

That's my hopes and dreams for this season exploding. 36 points. Woeful. Was top 50k. Not anymore. :P Knocked out of the cup by an inactive who just happened to have a great set-up for today's madness. He should finish on something like 71 points--which, I'd wager, woulda knocked quite a few of us out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Should be 3 BPS for Silva and Negredo, happy with that. Officials had a nightmare though. Sterling was a mile onside for his disallowed goal and 2 clear liverpool penalties turned down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Never, ever, ever underestimate just how lucky some people can be at this game.

Looking like it'll be 51 + 11 bonus assuming Silva gets 3
    A very good week I'd say although I haven't looked at any scores in my pl
    Lukaku captain though is a bit of a downer. I'm so far behind in pl I need to get captain choice right every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

zarquon wrote: »
    Should be 3 BPS for Silva and Negredo, happy with that. Officials had a nightmare though. Sterling was a mile onside for his disallowed goal and 2 clear liverpool penalties turned down.

Did Silva pick up his tactical yellow card?

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Rory cursed Ramsey good n proper!

Apologies - also apologies to Howard owners. In good news, I transferred Coutinho out this week.

PARlance wrote: »

No

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Yeah, I think Liverpool got awful unlucky. Sterling was obviously onside. (And on my bench!) And Suarez's yellow was pretty soft.

One more game and he will escape the 5 YC limit for the new year which will increase to 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Should have captained Walcott :/

roryc wrote: »
    Apologies - also apologies to Howard owners. In good news, I transferred Coutinho out this week.

So really your post about how lucky some people are in this game would be more appropriately said to be how unlucky you are in this game.

Luck eventually runs out, true class always shines through.

So really your post about how lucky some people are in this game would be more appropriately said to be how unlucky you are in this game.

Luck eventually runs out, true class always shines through.

Nope, I didn't have too bad a week actually. Suarez captaincy didn't work out but was always a gamble. Had Howard sent off but I'm sure a lot of people were the same. Think I end up 53 which is about average I reckon.

Luck is a massive factor in this game, as shown by people that were forced into playing Mannone this week and managed to outscore Howard by 12 points. Similar examples every week. My comment was aimed at people who are unfortunate enough to be knocked out of the cup this week by inactive teams.

Thanks for the insightful comment though, I look forward to seeing everyone's true class shining through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

One more game and he will escape the 5 YC limit for the new year which will increase to 10.

Ya, I'm well aware of that.
    Just wanted to remind you of this from a few GW's ago
    4 Yellow cards in 10 english games this season, hardly makes him an angel and shows that he is ripe for another card during the pending hectic schedule. He'll get his suspension very soon

Ya, I'm well aware of that.
    Just wanted to remind you of this from a few GW's ago

I'm happy to be proven wrong. He has been behaving himself for the last few games. Glad i took the risk ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Silva gone back to 2bps.

Should be on 61(-4) once the bps are in. V disappointing, four players on 1 point.

• Advertisement

Come on now, you captained Rooney and hit 61. Hardly disappointing.

Try having Howard, Coleman and Lukaku return a grand total of 2 points and have the added result of McGregor getting injured leaving me with no keeper next week!

roryc wrote: »
    Come on now, you captained Rooney and hit 61. Hardly disappointing.

Try having Howard, Coleman and Lukaku return a grand total of 2 points and have the added result of McGregor getting injured leaving me with no keeper next week!

Lol. Bite achieved with too much ease really!

Happy Christmas rory :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

47 pre bonus. Captaining Suarez was a downer but my 4 point hit of Silva and Mannone for Mignolet and Brady worked out well.

Expecting bonus for Rooney, Mannone, Silva and maybe Terry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

54, could have been better if I hadn't left Rodriguez on the bench again, must learn when to play the chap. Sterling took his place and passed up a couple of great chances to score :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

KevIRL wrote: »
    Silva gone back to 2bps.

Should be on 61(-4) once the bps are in. V disappointing, four players on 1 point.

Really? Try 34 (-4) if you want disappointing :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The leader in my money league had the worst gameweek imaginable. Only one of his players scored over 2 (Dawson 3 points) for a total of 20 points. My Theo capt got 10 points more than him this week. :D

I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts!

this-cannot-be-real.gif

EDIT: I was looking at the wrong Dawson, make that 19 points!

Benimar wrote: »

Nah was just having a Christmas fish with rory. Surprised he took only a minute to take the bait :)

Happy out with the score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lemlin wrote: »
    47 pre bonus. Captaining Suarez was a downer but my 4 point hit of Silva and Mannone for Mignolet and Brady worked out well.

Expecting bonus for Rooney, Mannone, Silva and maybe Terry.

I thought you always went with the FFS poll and didn't it have Rooney at the top?

Benimar wrote: »

Dont worry he had a decent score. It's a bit of a running joke now to post that your score is disappointing and wait for the outrage of the less fortunate scorers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

54 (-4) after predicted bonus. My worst GW score since GW7 but happy overall considering I captained Suarez and others in the league scored poorly. Through in the Cup too! Wish the FFS Cup was this week too but it's not :(

jebforever wrote: »
    I thought you always went with the FFS poll and didn't it have Rooney at the top?

Nah, I've dropped that this season. Wish I had gone with it!

28 points, ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Could hit 70 this week if totalfpl BP predictions are correct. Tidy, considering I got 93 last GW.

points confirmed on site now

Bonus in. 61 points. No hits. Very happy but thinking of what could have been

• Advertisement

77 total for me and my lowest scoring player this week..... suarez shock horror

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

44 after my 4 point hit, gained 14 points on my work league leader so happy enough with that.

Not sure though it that is good enough for green arrows in the overall rankings though

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

57-4 leaves me with 53. Disappointed with that. Captaincy let me down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

On 49, a lot of 2 pointers but overall pleased seeing as rivals tended to do worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    57-4 leaves me with 53. Disappointed with that. Captaincy let me down again.

53 isn't great but it's more than decent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement