Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 18 matchday thread

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

49 but Kompany is supposed to come in for Lovren which hasn't happened yet so should end up on 57...I wonder what the average will be this week...I'd say a solid 60+ here would rocket you up the rankings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Suarez getting 2 :D:D:D

43 for the day, not the best but got through in the cup so I'll take it, that score will leave me just outside 100k, not the best position but it's a long way until May

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

51 (-4), which is good enough. Bringing Adebayor for Remy wasn't great move😠

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fizman wrote: »
    Could hit 70 this week if totalfpl BP predictions are correct. Tidy, considering I got 93 last GW.

Yup, 71 once Chester comes in for Vlaar. Delighted with how the last few weeks have gone.

Finished with 80, Everton penalty costing me two clean sheets. Walcott was my best differential this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

34, my second worst week of the season. Only Rooney and Ward got more than 2 points for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

53 isn't great but it's more than decent.

I actually bet most in my private leagues but I think that could have been my big chance to open up a bit of a gap between me and them.

Waiting to see how my global rank of 7k will be effected.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

32 points for the week :pac:

I'm glad the Internet died for the last 5 hours here. Only Silva and Rooney got more than 2. Sold couts for mirallas to rub salt in the wound further. My worst GW ever methinks. Anyone complaining about a score of 45 or higher should stay well clear of me for a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

32 points for the week :pac:

I'm glad the Internet died for the last 5 hours here.

did the storm kill it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

39 (-4), epic stuff, considering how rubbish it was, when i look around many rivals i didnt lose much ground but probably back out to 45k ish global i expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

67 points was reasonably happy until I noticed its the first round of the cup-
    And yeep some jambox in 2.5 millionth has beaten me by 2.
    have Johnson instead of Chester coming of the bench which hurt more and Suarez as Captain so would won had he not got booked!

did the storm kill it?

I'd imagine so, it's wild!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

35. And I've still got through in the cup. I badly need a wildcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

skippy15 wrote: »
    67 points was reasonably happy until I noticed its the first round of the cup-
    And yeep some jambox in 2.5 millionth has beaten me by 2.
    have Johnson instead of Chester coming of the bench which hurt more and Suarez as Captain so would won had he not got booked!
    67 and still lost in the cup? I'd be hitting the beer hard tonight if I was you. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

68(-4) delighted to have stopped the rot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Finished on a decent 56...stubborn refusal to take the captaincy off Suarez cost me but through in the cup and gained a few points in my money league so happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

54 points after the 4 point hit is taken care of. Absolutely delighted with how my captain choice turned out, Walcott (15x2). I needed a bit of luck to swing my way and had no real choice but to go the differential route. Had a look through the teams in my money league; not one of them had Walcott, couldn't believe my eyes! :eek: My team isn't in great shape though as my only playing keeper Howard thought it'd be good craic to get himself sent off and Ramsey looks like he's going to be out for a few weeks. On top of that Chico and Ravel didn't feature today and Januzaj was on the bench and was lucky to come on so early in the game as Rafael got injured. Not keen on taking another hit but will have a look at my options later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    57-4 leaves me with 53. Disappointed with that. Captaincy let me down again.

Feel the same about my 54. Reading back the thread it's more than decent, but I've lost a lot of ground the last 2 weeks so if I'd nailed the captain I'd have made a lot of fit back again.

Thankfully my itch to captain Lukaku over Suarez was resoundingly vindicated :), laughed my hole off when Luis got booked after being in bad form all afternoon about Lukaku. No point in wishing I'd captained Walcott, although it crossed my mind, I'd never have done it.

I just can't catch a break in defence, sold Terry for Coleman, and had another 12 points on the bench in Gabbidon and Chester. Total of 4 pts from back three and GK today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

39 is the overall average, have auto transfers been done? I've finished on 54(-4) which I'm reasonably happy with considering I had only 4 from the captain.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Another sh!te week on 44 and dropped about 100k in 3 weeks. All the injuries/ bans over Christmas has completely taken its toll. Combined with the fact that I have had to bite my tongue as many of my opponents differentials come in again and again and again, this is a great test of my resolve.

2 clean sheets on the bench...

So it's an 80 point chase to first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

up 202k from 416k to 214k happy out
    3749th for the gw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

36 - 2nd worst week of the season but surprisingly only dropped 10k places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

still creeping up on some leaders in my leagues.

I could've done with captaining Rooney and not Suarez though.

My 57-4 sees me move from 7300 or so to 4648. Surprised by that tbh but then alot of the top players would have Ramsey and Yaya. Hopefully going for Silva over Yaya will continue to be the right decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Just looking at MOTD, Suarez could have had a hat-trick of assists if not for the officials and poor finishing by team-mates. Grrr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Moved up 140,000 plus places. Could have been so much better but I'll take that. More of the same next week please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Inside the top 74k globally after that. Finished 14,796 globally for the gameweek. All green arrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

G1032 wrote: »
    Moved up 140,000 plus places. Could have been so much better but I'll take that. More of the same next week please.

That's a massive gain!! I gained about 30k so I'm delighted. Can't wait for the wildcard

Only dropped 30k after that horror show of 32 points. What goes up must come down :(

Sitting in 153k still a good return after my terrible start. Walcott will come in now anyway and roll on that wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

36 - 2nd worst week of the season but surprisingly only dropped 10k places
    Yeah 36 miserable points too. As always come Christmas I lose all sense FF wise. I had Walcott in for Ozil at 12.28 this morning but for some reason just couldn't press "make transfer"... I followed FFS captain poll all season. Not this time. Got blinded by this forum general opinion (can't be blaming you guys my high position inside 14k is mainly due to all the advices on here). That's a 23 points shift.

Surprisingly though I "only" dropped 4k overall. Knocked out of the Cup but who really cares for that? Didn't even realised it had started until I saw the tab...

Problem is now really starts Trouble with a capital T. Shelvey, Morrisson (WH), Dawson, Mignolet and Lukaku need to go. And Ramsey got injured...

The only "good" news is I have 2 FT. So can start the massive surgery with "only" a 4 pts hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

8-10 wrote: »
    That's a massive gain!! I gained about 30k so I'm delighted. Can't wait for the wildcard

It is, but gains are massive when you're so far behind. It only moved me up to 325,000 but that's roughly 200,000 places gained in three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Wow. Only dropped 10k to 59k. That's not too bad. Hopefully Thursday's games will be a bit better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Wow. Only dropped 10k to 59k. That's not too bad. Hopefully Thursday's games will be a bit better!

Umm...i think you mean Saturday ;)

up 202k from 416k to 214k happy out
    3749th for the gw

Up the Harps! :D

Up from just outside 100k to 70k. Happy with that all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

zarquon wrote: »
    Umm...i think you mean Saturday ;)

I blame the stupidity and the time off work for my lapse in 'what-day-it-is' sense. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

FHFC wrote: »
    Up the Harps! :D

Where are all us Harps locals coming from!? Strange for such representation by a lowly populated area :confused: ?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Just in from the pub now. Delighted Suarez did nothing in the match, haven't checked me scored yet . Hoping its plus 30, not feeling good about it though!

Where are all us Harps locals coming from!? Strange for such representation by a lowly populated area :confused: ?? :p

In my case it's cause of the Harps FPL Pay League. Only reason I'm playing FPL for the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Spent the whole day in the pub and paid no attention to FPL whatsoever :)

Watched the United game, Arsenal game, and City / Pool game..

Only checking my team now, 64 (-8)

Without the -8 to bring in Walcott it would've been Oviedo, who got 2, so that's a 5 point gain! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Up to 60k. Roll on Saturday. Have 5 players injured/banned though, 4 of them from today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Happy enough with my 47, got through in the cup, up 50k to 440k (I've been hovering there for 8 bloody weeks now, need to get a move on), made some ground in the pay league and my midfield are showing signs of clicking.

Walcott, Silva, Cabaye the stars. Ozil and Oscar poor.
    Think I've had enough of Oscar now.

PARlance wrote: »
    Happy enough with my 47, got through in the cup, up 50k to 440k (I've been hovering there for 8 bloody weeks now, need to get a move on), made some ground in the pay league and my midfield are showing signs of clicking.

Walcott, Silva, Cabaye the stars. Ozil and Oscar poor.
    Think I've had enough of Oscar now.

But for poor finishing, Ozil could have had two or three assists. The same goes for Suarez who should have had three - Sterling off side incorrect decision, Coutinho shooting straight at Mignolet and Sterling skying a great cross where he was only six yards out.

Some people talk alot about luck in this game. You make your own luck. People get tied up too much in it. You could go through every little minuscule decision saying it was good or bad luck.

The great Waldo Emerson (haven't a clue who he is but a lad I know once posted this on Facebook) said "Shallow men believe in luck, believe in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect".

But for poor finishing, Ozil could have had two or three assists. The same goes for Suarez who should have had three - Sterling off side incorrect decision, Coutinho shooting straight at Mignolet and Sterling skying a great cross where he was only six yards out.

Some people talk alot about luck in this game. You make your own luck. People get tied up too much in it. You could go through every little minuscule decision saying it was good or bad luck.

I wasn't complaining at all. Happy enough as I said.
    Re Luck: I'd consider myself very lucky this GW.
    Not captaining Suarez could have back fired and Ramsey getting injuried = very good for me.

Ozil is a keeper for me.
    Oscar on the other hand is another story, plenty of better ways to spend 8.7m.

PARlance wrote: »
    I wasn't complaining at all. Happy enough as I said.
    Re Luck: I'd consider myself very lucky this GW.
    Not captaining Suarez could have back fired and Ramsey getting injuried = very good for me.

Ozil is a keeper for me.
    Oscar on the other hand is another story, plenty of better ways to spend 8.7m.

My point about luck was more re the forum in general. My initial paragraph about Ozil was in reply to your post.

My point about luck was more re the forum in general. My initial paragraph about Ozil was in reply to your post.

Ah ok, wouldn't be one for harping on too much about bad luck so was wondering where that came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just back from the pub :-P 64 for the week moved me up to 164k......closed in on all my leagues. Was 1.4 million after gw 8 so they all stopped paying attention to me .....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

57. Happy enough considering I had Gabby on the bench. Into the top 7,000. Pleasing scenes

The horror of yesterday will live long in the memory. A weekly rank of 2,274,310 :eek:

Advertisement