Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos, previously on sale?

Options
  • 26-12-2013 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭

What does this actually mean, as I've noticed this price isn't what I was expecting it to be. For example

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87483211&postcount=5

Previously at 80

But the Argos site says prevously at 129

Maybe it doesn't list sale or promotional prices?

vg4ftx.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They don't say when it was on sale at €129. I suspect that they are selectively choosing the highest price to emphasise the discount.

As always, the advice is too ignore previous price tags and decide if the item is worth the current price and if you're happy to pay that price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

My query is what is that "previously on sale" price. Whats its purpose.

They say it was 149 and 129 and its now 107 but we know it was previously 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

beauf wrote: »
    My query is what is that "previously on sale" price. Whats its purpose.
    Clearly its purpose is to entice you to buy it at the current lower price, even if it's not the lowest price it has ever been at.
    beauf wrote: »
    They say it was 149 and 129 and its now 107 but we know it was previously 80.
    There's nothing false or misleading in saying it was previously sold at €129 if that is true but equally they don't have to declare it was previously sold at €80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Entice you to pay current higher price would be more correct.

I never realised it was just some meaningless random figure.

Advertisement