Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Going off 8/12 Faulty?

Options
  • 26-12-2013 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Ok Just some advice

For the last 2 days the alarm has been going off with the same message "Front Windows " I reset and then within an hr is going off again. Cannot see anything to indicate anyone trying to get in. The Window is a large window with 2 wired shock sensors. Alarm is about 9 years old. Its not the wind because on one of the nights it was calm and this is the first time that ID has been triggered. Should I just replace the sensors or is there a way to determine which is the faulty sensor? (if that what it is).

Any advice appreciated

I have the eng Code

Gary

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is one or more faulty sensors on that zone. To determine which are faulty you need to check the resistance.
    Disconnect the zone from the panel & remove any end of line resistors,
    Set you meter to continuity and connect the pair to the 2 meter leads.
    on a length of cable long enough to reach all your windows on zone 3.
    Make a note of the reading in ohms. One by one tap every sensor & open and close every contact. After a tap or an open close the resistance should return to the around the same value. If it does not disconnect that device , close of the pair wired into it & move on. Replace any that you had to close off.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Thanks KoolKid

As there about 20 Euros each for the sensors Im just going to replace both of them.

Cheers for your help

Gary

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ok, but I would still prefer to use the above test first in case it's a wiring or connection fault.

Advertisement