Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

G1032 wrote: »
    Told ya it was the worst team in ever!!!
    Wildcard played. Last transfer in GW7

07343c91477ca0cf66aaf0a1e79cbb1c.png

Yeah that's bad alright but you should see some of the zombie teams in my money league, they would give that side a fair run for it's money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Deary me, did really well last year maybe last 128(or something) but lost to a ghost team with hart as captain and ranked 2.5m in the world....

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Tied 36 all with a zombie that had Frazier Campbell as captain. What is the tie break??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My first ever cup win! Wembley here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Tied 36 all with a zombie that had Frazier Campbell as captain. What is the tie break??

Out after goals scored (1-1) and goals conceded (5-7)!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭G1032

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Out after goals scored (1-1) and goals conceded (5-7)!!

Ouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

Won my cup tie 40-39 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Won mine, 56 - 40 :)

Happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Got knocked out by a zombie. He had Remy up front and Cech in goal, that's what won it for him. Sickened.

• Advertisement

Won my tie 54 - 52. Could have easily lost it though as my opponent's team had major disciplinary problems - 5 of his starting players got carded, including a red card for his keeper and a yellow for captain Rooney. Nevertheless I'm through and marching on to round 2. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Does anyone know if the next round is tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,259 ✭✭✭✭km79

Won 64-46

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

JokerD wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the next round is tomorrow?

It will be, this cup runs every gameweek from now till the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

The chap who is in 1st place overall just got knocked out of the cup by a zombie team who has made 0 transfers & is more than 2.5Million places behind him!!
    15 points came off the bench, Parker (13) & Agbon (2) for Baines & Giggs & vice captain Cech bringing in an extra 6 (RVP was his captain) to win by 4....... & I'd say he will never even know it!

Try telling that guy about bad luck while he tells you how skillful he is at this game lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The chap who is in 1st place overall just got knocked out of the cup by a zombie team who has made 0 transfers & is more than 2.5Million places behind him!!
    15 points came off the bench, Parker (13) & Agbon (2) for Baines & Giggs & vice captain Cech bringing in an extra 6 (RVP was his captain) to win by 4....... & I'd say he will never even know it!

Try telling that guy about bad luck while he tells you how skillful he is at this game lol!
    Don't get Rory started ;-)

• Advertisement

It will be, this cup runs every gameweek from now till the end of the season

Right thanks, might be a bit risky to make two transfers now.

JokerD wrote: »
    Right thanks, might be a bit risky to make two transfers now.

If you want to keep going in the cup you might as well wait until the draw is up, that way you can gauge whether or not it is worth risking a hit or not, your opponent may already have taken a hit or it could be a zombie team that you're confident of beating either way. I'd say a lot of poor players could have scored well yesterday.

If you want to keep going in the cup you might as well wait until the draw is up, that way you can gauge whether or not it is worth risking a hit or not, your opponent may already have taken a hit or it could be a zombie team that you're confident of beating either way. I'd say a lot of poor players could have scored well yesterday.

The draw will be up in the morning I presume? Pity it's not this evening as I want to beat the price rises and falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Oh yeah I got knocked out of this yesterday too...by a Kasami goal. The guy who had played 60 minutes in total since Rene took charge.

Next round ties are up on the site:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I'm up against a zombie team for round two. I won 59-44 last round and fancy my chances again. He has Lambert captain away to Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Another active team for me. Our only players that match are Suarez, Rooney, Fer and Morrison.

Could go either way really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

A cup competition is different to the actual game though. Anything can happen in a one-off tie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Next guy I'm playing ranked in the top 50k in the world. We only have two players in common, gonna be a tough one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm up against someone that scored 72 last week. He had Lambert as captain and Parker, Walcott and Silva. I'm not worried though, he has RVP, Michu, Kolo Toure and the one and only Sammy Ameobi :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Got beaten by a zombie team who had Cech as captain & who had Podolski come off the bench for 10 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

My opponent has made 46 transfers!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I won 40 - 30 :o

Wasn't a zombie team either!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

3 this week. You're up by 8 before the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Ive made 43 :D

• Advertisement

I'm up against ฟ้าสางที่บางไทร ว.2

Only 3 players in common.. Morrison, Suarez, and Dawson!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Danger781 wrote: »
    I'm up against ฟ้าสางที่บางไทร ว.2

Only 3 players in common.. Morrison, Suarez, and Dawson!

Which of course in German means a whales' vagina :pac:

Nah that's definitely a Thai team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Playing against someone ranked 1.3mil, been playing since GW2, and has only made one transfer, that in GW4, Wolfswinkle out, Rooney in. They did however, get 54 in the GW just finished, with RVP as captain, and Rooney as VC, that's probably me out then.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Another active team for me thankfully ( getting knocked out by a non league/zombie team would have the Chairman banging on my door :) )

He has made 2 transfers (3 last week) so that's a 4 point head start for me.
    As it stands it's
    Him: Rooney, Hazard, AJ & Barkely
    Versus
    Me: Silva, Navas, Walcott & Cabaye

Nothing smart please Pellegrini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My next opponent has the grand total of 704 points and is actually active. But he also has both Suarez and Rooney and will doubtless captain the correct one, thus knocking me out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

PARlance wrote: »
    Another active team for me thankfully ( getting knocked out by a non league/zombie team would have the Chairman banging on my door :) )

He has made 2 transfers (3 last week) so that's a 4 point head start for me.
    As it stands it's
    Him: Rooney, Hazard, AJ & Barkely
    Versus
    Me: Silva, Navas, Walcott & Cabaye

Nothing smart please Pellegrini

I thought you could only see transfers for the GW just played, IE, the previous deadline, or is that just apply to the selected team line up.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I thought you could only see transfers for the GW just played, IE, the previous deadline, or is that just apply to the selected team line up.

if you look at his page where it says transfers and finance(bottom right of page) you can see how many transfers he's made this week, you can't see who he has transferred in or out but if you go to enough trouble you can figure out how much the transfers cost him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Playing a guy ranked 30k, he was as high as 2k at one stage. His team is fairly decimated by injuries and suspensions though so I'm hopeful.

My opponent this week, hah

7623677_193265556_12352374.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0R7FMW7AXRVCYMAPTPR2&Expires=1388183527&Signature=222WumfUrMHG%2BwFMt0c9F2o14mE%3D

Edit: Can people see that image?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Danger781 wrote: »
    My opponent this week, hah

7623677_193265556_12352374.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0R7FMW7AXRVCYMAPTPR2&Expires=1388183527&Signature=222WumfUrMHG%2BwFMt0c9F2o14mE%3D

Edit: Can people see that image?

nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Up against this guy next. Ranked 1.1M and still active.

2hevgj9.jpg

KevIRL wrote: »
    nope

Blah :o

Essentially he brought in Ramsey this week gone by and sold Coutinho at a -4 :D

He must be gutted :p

BNMC wrote: »
    Up against this guy next. Ranked 1.1M and still active.

Was looking at his team thinking... That's fairly solid, how is he ranked1.1where the fcuk is Suarez :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Next opponent is 135k overall. He has Rooney, Negredo and Suarez upfront :eek:

And he outscored me by 27 points last week :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Playing a lad 3.1m in the world zombie team but he has Suarez captain, Coleman, Terry, Mertesacker, Yaya and Cabaye in his squad, I'm a model to get knocked out on some flukey score.

• Advertisement

Was looking at his team thinking... That's fairly solid, how is he ranked1.1where the fcuk is Suarez :)

Must be a staunch United supporter.

Playing a lad 3.1m in the world zombie team but he has Suarez captain, Coleman, Terry, Mertesacker, Yaya and Cabaye in his squad, I'm a model to get knocked out on some flukey score.

Are you sure that guy hasn't entered his team in recent weeks? (Probably with the sole intention of the cup)

There's no way that a zombie team with those players would be ranked 3.1m out of 3.12m teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Are you sure that guy hasn't entered his team in recent weeks? (Probably with the sole intention of the cup)

There's no way that a zombie team with those players would be ranked 3.1m out of 3.12m teams
    Looks like you could be right there good call, didn't think of that one at all.

Looks like you could be right there good call, didn't think of that one at all.

He'd probably be top 10k if he had set that team up and left it was a zombie team from the start, even including Suarez's suspension :D

Ramsey, Morrison, Vlaar injured and Yaya not playing means my opponent can't field a full 11 this week :pac:

If Rooney doesn't play he'll only have 9 :pac:

yz4AC0d.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement