Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 19 transfers

• 26-12-2013 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Only 48 hours until the next gameweek (I love christmas!!!)

Think I'll have to move Oscar before he (likely) goes up tonight. Have 9.2 to spend, other mids are Yaya, Ramsey, Fer and Morrison. Any ideas who to go for? I don't fancy Walcott. Is Nasri the only bet? Cabaye? Or leave Oscar?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Only 48 hours until the next gameweek (I love christmas!!!)

Think I'll have to move Oscar before he (likely) goes up tonight. Have 9.2 to spend, other mids are Yaya, Ramsey, Fer and Morrison. Any ideas who to go for? Is Nasri the only bet? Cabaye? Or leave Oscar?

You have City and Arsenal cover so I'd leave Oscar and go Fer to Cabaye if you can afford it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lemlin wrote: »
    You have City and Arsenal cover so I'd leave Oscar and go Fer to Cabaye if you can afford it.
    Only have .4 in the bank, would need .7 for Cabaye unfortunetly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

So Howard Out - think Sir Chesney is the obvious replacement, Arsenal have a nice run...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Yaya or Silva ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

So Howard Out - think Sir Chesney is the obvious replacement, Arsenal have a nice run...

I assume Howard will miss only 1 game .

• Advertisement

Straight Red so three games but Everton have an FA cup tie against QPR in early January so he will miss only two league games... Still too much though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Straight Red so three games but have an FA cup against QPR in early January so only two league games...

That's not correct . If it was a professional foul which I assume it was. It means It is a one game ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Rikand wrote: »
    Yaya or Silva ?

Best wait for the City game. Silva could get his 5th yellow/yaya could get injured (although he appears to be made from the same stuff as the T-1000)

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    That's not correct . it was a professional foul which means a one game ban.

Didnt know that - but he still gets the boot, ive no cover :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Mcgregor and Ramsey injuries mean Walcott and mannone will soon be joining my ranks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

What happened Ramsey? Seemed to be holding his quad?

So from this morning's opinion that Oscar was my biggest concern, I now have a keeper (Howard) out for at least one, Morrison who didn't play (any ideas?), Lovern who is ill, and Collins and Ramsey who came off injured. I don't know where to start now.

Roll on the wildcard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

0.2 short of Ramsey - Yaya

So thinking a 4 point hit to go Ramsey - Cabaye and Lukaku to Negredo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Where to start? Ramsey injured, Lukaku underperforming. Swop Ozil for Walcott? Switch formation to 3-5-2 by getting in Cabaye? Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Ramsey to Walcott done. Wenger confirms he will miss the next few games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lukaku to Podolski striking me as a serious option now. Can see Wenger giving him a runout at CF to give Giroud a break. His next 6 are:

Newcastle (A)
    Cardiff City ((H)
    Aston Villa (A)
    Fulham (H)
    Southampton (A)
    Crystal Palace (H)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So Ramsey to Walcott done now, going to sit on Lukaku for now. Not sure if selling him just now is out of frustration or a genuine need for a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

lukaku to dzeko and dzeko capt at home to palace is looking highly likely for me.

lukaku to dzeko and dzeko capt at home to palace is looking highly likely for me.

Strange choice. Negredo, Silva or Yaya would be better choices. Dzeko is not a first choice for pellegrini

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Was just thinking this myself.

• Advertisement

Dzeko doesn't start again though? Will he start against Palace/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

zarquon wrote: »
    Strange choice. Negredo, Silva or Yaya would be better choices. Dzeko is not a first choice for pellegrini

one week punt they play again in less than 48 hours Id expect atleast 4 or 5 changes to the city team for a home game of palace. So Id expect him to replace one of nasri, navas, silva or negredo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Really need to do Ramsey to Walcott but I'm 1m short, wondering who I'll downgrade for the 4point hit. Thinking Henderson, what do people think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Really need to do Ramsey to Walcott but I'm 1m short, wondering who I'll downgrade for the 4point hit. Thinking Henderson, what do people think?

You could do Henderson to Sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Ramsey out Walcott in
    Adebayor out Rodriguez in

It'll be Ramsey to Cabaye tonight

Who to get in for Lukaku now or will I just give him one last chance? It'd have to be either Negredo or Dzeko

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Should i play Marshall who is at home to Sunderland or Mannone who is away to Cardiff any help??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

howard and ramsey out, mannone and walcott in with my 2 free transfers, will probably do oscar or lukaku out too, just have to think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Why did Chico not play today?
    Ramsey, Lukaku and Chico need to be moved on for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

What are the owners of 5.5-5.9 priced Ramsey doing, really unwilling to take the massive drop of a million to get rid of someone I will most likely re-sign. Any idea on the layoff time? Thinking Hazard to Walcott/Ozil anyway for Arsenal cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Pieters, Ramsey, Miralles, Oscar and Lukaku all need to go, but only have one FT :(

After a 29 point week, I'm sorely tempted by an 8 point hit, to totally reconstruct my midfield. Looking at Walcott, Cabaye and Lallana

Cabaye or Henderson for Ramsey? Thinking Cabaye myself. Any thoughts from you lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Ozil & Ramsey out for Cabaye and Walcott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Somehow I've managed to lose both my keepers this week, and Ramsey. And Vlaar is still injured. And Morrison didn't play. Perfect platform to dive into the hectic Christmas schedule!

Plan was to get Silva in for Nasri but thats out the window. No one major rises or falls tonight so should be ok to wait.

masti123 wrote: »
    Adebayor out Rodriguez in
    Shortest bandwagon to bandwagon ever

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    That's not correct . If it was a professional foul which I assume it was. It means It is a one game ban.
    Confirmed on the site that Howard will miss only one game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

roryc wrote: »
    Somehow I've managed to lose both my keepers this week, and Ramsey. And Vlaar is still injured. And Morrison didn't play. Perfect platform to dive into the hectic Christmas schedule!

Plan was to get Silva in for Nasri but thats out the window. No one major rises or falls tonight so should be ok to wait.

What the hell is the story with Vlaar? He's their most important player yet nobody seems to know from game to game what is the situation with him, if it was an expensive player with big ownership there'd be people pulling their hair out. I could really do with him returning for the Swansea game.

Opinions on Lukaku folks.

Unsure what to do with him or who to replace him with, i would have 10m to get someone but not many candidates.

Remy, no because of Cabaye and Krul

Dzecko, 1 game fix as Negredo is main man there now

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KK Supercats

Ozil and fer out for Walcott and Henderson. Stuck with lukaku unless I take a hit

Transfer done. Ramsey out and Cabaye in. 3m in the bank.
    Is it worth selling Lukaku for a hit? Thinking for one of the city strikers

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Opinions on Lukaku folks.

Unsure what to do with him or who to replace him with, i would have 10m to get someone but not many candidates.

Remy, no because of Cabaye and Krul

Dzecko, 1 game fix as Negredo is main man there now

Lukaku is not worth it. A few dodgy handball assists are propping up his score. He is simply not good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Can't do Ramsey to Walcott for free and am 0.1 short of Ramsey/Oscar to Walcott/Cabaye for -4 :(

Is taking an 8 point hit madness after only scoring 30 today??

zarquon wrote: »
    Lukaku is not worth it. A few dodgy handball assists are propping up his score. He is simply not good enough

Yes i know but who to get in instead of him?

G1032 wrote: »
    Is there any point in taking a 4 point hit to get Negredo in for Lukaku?
    :eek:

What? Why? Absolutely not!

Above posts from week 18 transfer thread

Hindsight is 20:20 as they say

Would have been a brilliant move. -4 would have given me Negredo's 9 points to Lukaku's 2 and ensured my captain went to either Negredo or Rooney.
    Scored 61 for the week but that transfer would have meant I'd have got a minimum of 71 with Negredo as captain and most probably 73 as I'd have stuck with Rooney. I also wouldn't have the headache this week of whether or not to get rid of Lukaku for a hit

Sums up my season perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

for team value purposes alone, i can't see myself getting rid of Ramsey.

Benimar wrote: »
    Can't do Ramsey to Walcott for free and am 0.1 short of Ramsey/Oscar to Walcott/Cabaye for -4 :(

Is taking an 8 point hit madness after only scoring 30 today??

What's the rest of your team?

RossieMan wrote: »

Team value means nothing if it doesn't score points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Chesney in for Howard will be my only transfer this week.

Keeping Ramsey, will throw in Whittingham instead who is at home to Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

RossieMan wrote: »

That's exactly what we want to hear:D

I wonder are there many more like you? Come on, who's getting rid and who's keeping him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

G1032 wrote: »
    Team value means nothing if it doesn't score points.

Aye but if you're in the top 50,000 with a team value of 111, you might think differently. ;)

I'm fairly safe in all my leagues, so don't think its worth it.

I've Fer to come in, so not a terrible replacement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement