Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 19 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

RossieMan wrote: »
    Aye but if you're in the top 50,000 with a team value of 111, you might think differently. ;)

I'm fairly safe in all my leagues, so don't think its worth it.

I've Fer to come in, so not a terrible replacement.

Fúckit I'd love to be so highly placed that I could use my position as a comeback to any smart comment:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

G1032 wrote: »
    What's the rest of your team?

****e :D

Migs, Marshall
    Mert, Coleman, Chester, Fonte, Pieters
    Silva, Oscar, Miralles, Ramsey, Brady
    Suarez, Rooney, Lukaku

Can do Ramsey, Oscar, Brady to Walcott, Cabaye & Ki for -8

Or Ramsey, Lukaku to Walcott, 6.2m forward for -4

Think I need to bring in Walcott as his price is going to rocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

Aye but if you're in the top 50,000 with a team value of 111, you might think differently. ;)

I'm fairly safe in all my leagues, so don't think its worth it.

I've Fer to come in, so not a terrible replacement.

No, I'm sorry, I wouldn't think differently. Ramsey on the bench for a few weeks is no good to anyone. He won't be rushed back either with the likes of Podolski, Santi and Wilshere waiting in the wings
    But, be my guest, and I hope the other 2 million with him in their teams think the same way as you!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

haha i just wanted to gloat for a bit, no harm in it.

Ah no, i've used my FT this week on bringing in Mannone for harper. don't think it's worth a 4 point hit is what i'm getting at with Jan so close. 1 week won't kill me, if its a long term injury i'll obviously get him out.

Just jumping so soon is a bit rash, seeing as its unclear how serious it is.

Benimar wrote: »
    ****e :D

Migs, Marshall
    Mert, Coleman, Chester, Fonte, Pieters
    Silva, Oscar, Miralles, Ramsey, Brady
    Suarez, Rooney, Lukaku

Can do Ramsey, Oscar, Brady to Walcott, Cabaye & Ki for -8

Or Ramsey, Lukaku to Walcott, 6.2m forward for -4

Think I need to bring in Walcott as his price is going to rocket.

Walcott is neccessary yes. Going -8 is not madenss.
    Who you going to sell as third player? Lukaku? Careful who you bring in. Has to be either Negredo or Dzeko. Your guess is as good as mine between those two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

No, I'm sorry, I wouldn't think differently. Ramsey on the bench for a few weeks is no good to anyone. He won't be rushed back either with the likes of Podolski, Santi and Wilshere waiting in the wings
    But, be my guest, and I hope the other 2 million with him in their teams think the same way as you!!!:)
    By the sounds of things he will miss 3 games at the most so if you have a good cheapie who plays week in week out I think he's worth keeping.

Ah no, i've used my FT this week on bringing in Mannone for harper. don't think it's worth a 4 point hit is what i'm getting at with Jan so close. 1 week won't kill me, if its a long term injury i'll obviously get him out.

Fair enough. Makes sense. It;s not like he's going to drop by 0.3 between now and Saturday morning

BNMC wrote: »
    By the sounds of things he will miss 3 games at the most so if you have a good cheapie who plays week in week out I think he's worth keeping.

This is Arsenal medics were talking about. Add on 6 weeks to every estimation.
    Ah, Ramsey has had a little setback, ah..............

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Have 2FT. Doing Morrison & Lukaku out; Milner & Dzeko in for a 1 gameweek punt. Will bench Lallana, giving me a front 7 of Milner, Yaya, Hazard, Walcott- Suarez, Rooney, Dzeko. Then probably Dzeko to Podolski next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

What the hell is the story with Vlaar? He's their most important player yet nobody seems to know from game to game what is the situation with him, if it was an expensive player with big ownership there'd be people pulling their hair out. I could really do with him returning for the Swansea game.

Ye had hoped have him back over the christmas schedule with a nice run of fixtures, but just dumped him for bardsley. Sideways move but felt had be done as want a 15 man playing squad

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Got rid of Ramsey yesterday for Walcott:D

Slightly disappointed he got injured as Walcott was a differential in my league. Now everyone will ship him in. I actually think a few games out could do Ramsey the world of good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Had 2 free transfers so Ramsey and Brady out for Walcott and Delph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Will Silva play,have two free transfers,have ozil,shelvey,yaya,januzaj and want to transfer oscar out any ideas but im thinknig silva but im thinking he will be rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I need Negredo news!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Had Ramsey since he was 6.0, but think I'm going to get him and Morrison out for Lallana and Cabaye.

Also tempted to get Lukaku out. Negredo limped off today, so we could see Dzeko start at home to Palace...

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    I need Negredo news!!!

Him being injured would indeed make things a lot easier
    Dzeko in would be a no brainer then

Above posts from week 18 transfer thread

Hindsight is 20:20 as they say

Would have been a brilliant move. -4 would have given me Negredo's 9 points to Lukaku's 2 and ensured my captain went to either Negredo or Rooney.
    Scored 61 for the week but that transfer would have meant I'd have got a minimum of 71 with Negredo as captain and most probably 73 as I'd have stuck with Rooney. I also wouldn't have the headache this week of whether or not to get rid of Lukaku for a hit

Sums up my season perfectly.
    If it makes you feel any better, I narrowed end my captain choices down to Rooney and Lukaka and went with the latter :mad:

Are you moving him on? Home to soton this week. Will need to move Howard or Lukaka this week..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

You might have wasted a free transfer there, McGregor was injured today and if he stays injured(which is usually the case with goalies, he looked like a 60 year old man while he stayed on the pitch) Harper will have a home game next against Fulham, Sunderland are away to Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My thinking would be dzeko and milner will start plus 2 from negredo silva, nasri, navas.

You might have wasted a free transfer there, McGregor was injured today and if he stays injured(which is usually the case with goalies, he looked like a 60 year old man while he stayed on the pitch) Harper will have a home game next against Fulham, Sunderland are away to Cardiff.

Swiper, do you know what kind of injury it was? I have Howard and Harper and if I thought Harper would play ill just keep Howard for now.

• Advertisement

Things would be alot easier again if I could just play and captain Negredo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

what City coverage to get in for Palace is a real issue for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ok, having followed all the advice (or so I thought) about being ready for Xmas I'm finding myself well snookered by today's events so need some more (better:)) advice!

Currently have
    Howard (sus), Lewis (non playing).
    Coleman, Merts, Dawson, Gabbidon, Chester
    Ramsey (inj), Morrison (inj? didn't play), Silva, Walcott, Hazard.
    Lukaku (shït), Rooney, Suarez.

Need some changes, reluctant to take a hit but may need to.

Will have no GK this week, and as I have Coleman now I think Howard has to go. Would think Krul or Manonne. Manonne probably has good enough fixtures to be a sole keeper till the wildcard? Or would Krul be safer. The former would free up cash to help with the other problems.

I've Ramsey since he was 5.6 so made a cool 2m in team value, no hesitation in selling him though even he's only out a few weeks his golden form had ended whatever voodoo the brigade had been at finally caught up with him. Could swap for Cabaye for -4 but they have Arsenal next. Cabaye is rising tonight though.

If I don't take the hit will prob have to play 4 defs and with Gabidon at City it would be Coleman (Soton H), Dawson (Stoke h), Merts (Ncastle h) and Chester (Fulham H) which could be worse.

Finally I would then have cash to do Lukaku to Negredo next week, although they have 2 away games after Palace while Everton play stoke and Norwich.

Could also do Howard to Manonne and Lukaku to Negredo now and leave Cabaye. Anybody willing to read all that and offer suggestions is some man for one man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

SlickRic wrote: »

Negredo if he is not injured. Silva looked very dangerous also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Negredo was just tired according to Pelegrini.

Is Lukaku to Negredo worth a 4 point hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I panicked after a bad GW, did Howard - Manuanne and Oscar - Silva. Could look stupid come Saturday, I just want a team that will get me to the FA CUp weekend now and I'll go wildcard.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Negredo was just tired according to Pelegrini.

Is that possibly worse...

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »

My whole season had been more or less ruined by HAVING to get RVP in for that United v Palace match. WC used mainly for that purpose. I might just stick with what I have in Silva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

49 after bonus- no hits= climbed to 99K odd.

Ramsey out for Ferdinhinho.

Feel like a punt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Looking like Nasri and Ramsey out for Yaya and Lallana.

Thoughts?

Although also thinking Bacuna out, not sure for who though, also taking too many weekly 4-8 pt hits.

FHFC wrote: »
    I've Ramsey since he was 5.6 so made a cool 2m in team value

Real value to you is only 1m here. 'Team value' while nice if it's high is of little relevance in real terms.
    You've made 1m that you can actually spend on Ramsey. Spend wisely!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Don't think it's worth getting rid of Lukaku just yet.... I wouldn't be in a rush to get in Remy for him instead either, as he has similiar goal returns, not scoring since 30th of November until today.. meanwhile Lukaku has still amassed points.
    Want to hang on to him for one week.

Other stiriker replacements that would make sense are Negredo and Podolski, they're the stand outs imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I meant to downgrade Mertesacker to Kos and this would give me enough cash to replace Ramsey with Walcott. Instead I transferred Zabaleta out for Kos, and Ramsey to Walcott. Only realized my mistake after i confirmed the transfer:mad: Stupid mistake that left me with 2 Arsenal defenders for Newcastle away, and no City defender for Crystal Palace at home:mad:
    Mistake of the month i guess (and happened just few days after getting Adebayor in for Remy (-4 points hit), who scored 2 goals today:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Thinking Januzaj and Negredo in for Ramsey and Lukaku

Thoughts?

De Gea Manonne
    Collins Ivnanovic Gibbs Roseinor Coleman
    Hazard Ramsey Delph Yaya Barkley
    Rooney Lukaku Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Looking like Nasri and Ramsey out for Yaya and Lallana.

Thoughts?

Although also thinking Bacuna out, not sure for who though, also taking too many weekly 4-8 pt hits.

On closer inspection thinking Cabaye instead of Lallana.

Real value to you is only 1m here. 'Team value' while nice if it's high is of little relevance in real terms.
    You've made 1m that you can actually spend on Ramsey. Spend wisely!!!

That's exactly how I look at it.

So in a shorter post.

Manonne or Krul

Cabaye for Ramsey, or go with 4 at the back for a week and get Lukaku out? If I knew who'd play for City v Palace would prob go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    On closer inspection thinking Cabaye instead of Lallana.

I went Cabaye. Newcastle have a slightly easier run than Saints IMO.

Would it be foolish just to go with 10 players and keep Howard for a while?

4 pt hit likely otherwise, so unless new keeper returns immediately I might be better off just sacrificing 2 points. Looking at it the other way round I suppose it's a 2pt hit if the new keeper just turns up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Boruc and Ramsey out for Marshall and Silva. Team is decimated with injuries and needed to take a hit to tide me over until the January wildcard.

That's exactly how I look at it.

So in a shorter post.

Manonne or Krul

Cabaye for Ramsey, or go with 4 at the back for a week and get Lukaku out? If I knew who'd play for City v Palace would prob go for it.

I'm seriously considering Lukaku out for Dzeko. If Negredo was tired like Pelligrini said then surely Dzeko is in line for a start? It's probably a decision I'll make on Saturday morning.
    I just know if I transfer Lukaku out that he'll score a brace or something.

Would it be foolish just to go with 10 players and keep Howard for a while?

4 pt hit likely otherwise, so unless new keeper returns immediately I might be better off just sacrificing 2 points. Looking at it the other way round I suppose it's a 2pt hit if the new keeper just turns up.

What if he gets sent off!!!!!:)

I'm seriously considering Lukaku out for Dzeko. If Negredo was tired like Pelligrini said then surely Dzeko is in line for a start? It's probably a decision I'll make on Saturday morning.
    I just know if I transfer Lukaku out that he'll score a brace or something.

The age old problem stick with an under performing player who could click any time or get rid. Last time I sold Lukaku in GW12 he scored 2 the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Whats the thinking on Walcott ahead of Ozil? Theo can be stop start and it depends who he plays against, is Ozil really that likely to be rested??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I was patient with Lukaku before and he delivered so I'll be patient with him again. He's a hit and miss type forward, some days he's a world beater, other days you're pulling your hair out watching him. I just know that if I sell him he's gonna break my heart and rack up a huge score and go on another run of form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ramsey out for Walcott done, team value just plummeted to 113.1m - easy come, easy go I guess. This game is about being ruthless and neither conservative nor nostalgic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Whats with the mad rush to bring in Cabaye v Arsenal?. The only other home game they have in the next 5 is against City. Im sceptical, i considered it until i actually looked :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

daithijjj wrote: »
    Whats with the mad rush to bring in Cabaye v Arsenal?. The only other home game they have in the next 5 is against City. Im sceptical, i considered it until i actually looked :pac:

He's started 14 games and provided attacking returns in nine of them. That's a very good stat for a player at that price.

He's playing for a Newcastle team who, while admittedly inconsistent, are sitting in the top half of the table and can give anyone a game.

They've beaten Chelsea, Spurs and United for example.

• Advertisement
Advertisement