Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 19 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm left with:

Mannone
    Mertesacker Chester Coleman
    Walcott Hazard Nasri Cabaye
    Suarez Lukaku Rooney

Happy enough with that, no players I'm really scared of this week although Yaya and Silva could score high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looking at Total FPL, Suarez has 755 net transfers OUT today :confused::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Benimar wrote: »
    Looking at Total FPL, Suarez has 755 net transfers OUT today :confused::eek:

442 / 451 players trying to fund Rooney and 4 immaculate mids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Trilla wrote: »
    442 / 451 players trying to fund Rooney and 4 immaculate mids
    More likely just kneejerkers who absolutely HAVE to have Remy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Thinking of a 4 point hit:
    Soldado out, Dzeko in.
    Mickey Turner out, Kompany in.

Have no City players, and they seem pretty unstoppable, so have to correct that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Gonna have a bit of craic with the game.

Dzeko for Lukaku and gave him the armband, it'll be sh1te or great.

Edit, worst case scenario i free up cash to bring in Silva or Walcott next game week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

With my 2 FTs I just did Ramsey and Ravel out, Januzaj and Cabaye in.

Two players falling in value for two rising, a 0.4 swing. I'll sleep on Dzeko for Lukaku for a -4 hit. Will lose 0.1 value but I just can't decide at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Thinking of a 4 point hit:
    Soldado out, Dzeko in.
    Mickey Turner out, Kompany in.

Have no City players, and they seem pretty unstoppable, so have to correct that.

Ugh. Just noticed that Mirallas is now at 75% of playing due to Illness. Might need to re-think this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I was going to suggest Thomas Sorrnsen for 4.4 with Bego out but Stoke have sketchy fixtures....could be an option until the wildcard for those who like a differential keeper :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Lukaku/Suarez/Negredo; who should I ship out to get in Rooney ?

• Advertisement

Who'd be the best midfielder for the next 2 GWs at 7.0 and not .1 higher?

To me that rules out Cabaye and Lallana. The more obscure the punt the better folks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

To me that rules out Cabaye and Lallana. The more obscure the punt the better folks :D

Lovely question. Have more or less decided to ship Ramsey before he drops tonight. Don't feel it for Cabaye and Lalana.

Would love a great differential till the wildcard esp as my differentials of silva and Walcott are becoming less so.

Erikson so far on my mind. I could go up to 8.3 max btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Ki Sung-Yueng.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Might sell Suarez to get Rooney, He's due a 5 match ban soon anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

In the exact same place myself - was thinking Sterling?? Should be good to start for the next few matches anyway?

Carrick is fit again and likely to come straight back I'm for United. Too mad for my blood though....

FHFC wrote: »
    Lovely question. Have more or less decided to ship Ramsey before he drops tonight. Don't feel it for Cabaye and Lalana.

Would love a great differential till the wildcard esp as my differentials of silva and Walcott are becoming less so.

Erikson so far on my mind. I could go up to 8.3 max btw.

I'm not sure about Eriksen, can't afford him myself anyway but if Spurs persist with 4-4-2 I don't see him getting many returns from open-play. He'd be almost Modric like, if I had the .1 extra I'd be tempted for 2 weeks though.
    daithijjj wrote: »
    Ki Sung-Yueng.

I like it, quite a lot. I'm very tempted by that...Larsson could enter my thinking too, or if Adam Johnson were to get 2 starts. I'll have a little ponder about them
    In the exact same place myself - was thinking Sterling?? Should be good to start for the next few matches anyway?

Sterling could be rather tasty too, the Chelsea game will either be 0-0 or there could be quite a few goals.

FHFC wrote: »
    Carrick is fit again and likely to come straight back I'm for United. Too mad for my blood though....

The minute I pin my hopes on Carrick to score me points in FPL is the day I'll have officially lost the plot. Utter madness even if did score a goal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Rebel1977 wrote: »

Obvious enough really. It's got to be Suarez. He's just not cutting the mustard this season.

The minute I pin my hopes on Carrick to score me points in FPL is the day I'll have officially lost the plot. Utter madness even if did score a goal :pac:

A great cheapie to consider is Meyler at Hull. But just noticed he's injured. Seems to have nailed his place and gets forward. Only 4.3

One for the wild card I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! What to do with my team. Headwreck is kicking in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

lukaku

Is Mannone, Henderson, Rooney in for Begovic(inj) Ramsey(inj) Negredo worth a 4 point hit lads. .2m short to get Cabaye in instead of Henderson

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

henderson is another option. You will make a profit on him before the wildcard he is going up tonight. Playing very well at the minute aswell. Tough game next but then at home to hull.
    I never imagined I would recommend jordan henderson as a decent ff option:eek:

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is Mannone, Henderson, Rooney in for Begovic(inj) Ramsey(inj) Negredo worth a 4 point hit lads. .2m short to get Cabaye in instead of Henderson

I wouldnt bother with rooney to negredo for a 4 pt hit unless you plan on captaining rooney.
    Begovic to mannone is a great transfer.

I wouldnt bother with rooney to negredo for a 4 pt hit unless you plan on captaining rooney.
    Begovic to mannone is a great transfer.

Negredo doubtful for the weekend. Rooney in good form and decent fixtures coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Ramsey to Lallana,
    1.5 mil in the bank now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Negredo doubtful for the weekend. Rooney in good form and decent fixtures coming up

Where is this Negredo being doubtful coming from? He may have limped off the pitch but his manager has said he was just tired.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Ki Sung-Yueng.

I can't shake Ki from my head, it continues to make sense the more I think and yet know the more I think it makes sense the more doomed the punt will be :pac:

Now whether to take a second hit with Lukaku out for Dzeko and captaining him? Hmmm..............

• Advertisement

Gonna bring in Sterling instead of Henderson to free up cash for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Poxy poxy poxy gameweek

Finally got rid of brady for Ki

Have zabaleta and negredo and both aren't predicted to start so its either hope they will or take a hit to get rid of Ramsey for cover for them

Ugggggggh

Right, my transfer is done and I have a reasonabl team for GW.

Is considering a hit just tinkering and wasting points?

Mannone, (Lewis)
    Merts, Coleman, Chester, Dawson (Gabbidon)
    Hazard, Silva, Walcott(Ramsey, Ravel)
    Lukaku, Rooney (c), Suarez.

Tempted by Ramsey to Eriksen or Lukaku to Dzeko/Adebayor.

Not too concerned about Lukaku and Ramsey dropping.

More concerned about missing a potential Spurs attack fest against under strength Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

In order:
    1. Lukaku
    2. Lukaku
    3. Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I took a punt on Taarabt as cheap midfield option. seems to be back in favour at Fulham under Mulenstein and they have some nice games coming up. He also loves shooting/being greedy which is a great ff trait

lukaku to dzeko done. Im debating going oscar to silva for a -4 aswell but may hold off till next gw even though it will cost me .1 more. Checked the city forum (bluemoon)every poster says dzeko to start, total fpl, ffs they cant all be wrong can they:eek: For the 6 attacking positions city only have yaya, nasri, silva, navas, fernandinho, milner, garcia, rodwell, negredo and dzeko available. This game is kicking off 44 hours after there last game finished it will be madness if they name the same attacking front 6. Milner and dzeko at a minimum surely have to come in. Nasri came off on 70 mins id expect he will start too and yaya always plays.

• Advertisement

This is wrecking my head. Is Lukaku -> Dzeko worth a 4 point hit? Lukaku could easily grab a goal or two. Dzeko going to have to outscore Lukaku by 4 just to break even. I can decide in the morning but arguments for and against are welcome.......

G1032 wrote: »
    This is wrecking my head. Is Lukaku -> Dzeko worth a 4 point hit? Lukaku could easily grab a goal or two. Dzeko going to have to outscore Lukaku by 4 just to break even. I can decide in the morning but arguments for and against are welcome.......

I think if you are doing it you will need to captain dzeko to make it worthwhile as you probably need a transfer to get him out next week as chances are if he starts tomorrow he may not start the next game. I dont think its worth it for a -4 if your not captaining him as he may not outscore lukaku by that much . Also you are probably losing money on lukaku so you need to have settled on lukaku not being in your team medium term.
    The move is not for everyone it suits me because Im happy to offload lukaku.I needed lukaku when I had aguero( price wise). From jan wildcard Im happy with rooney, Negredo.
    I currently have no city players and I feel dzeko is one of the most nailed on for this fixture. I have also been thinking of this move for a few weeks so will be kicking myself if it comes off and Im not on him.
    Lukaku is dropping in price tonight aswell.

I think if you are doing it you will need to captain dzeko to make it worthwhile as you probably need a transfer to get him out next week as chances are if he starts tomorrow he may not start the next game. I dont think its worth it for a -4 if your not captaining him as he may not outscore lukaku by that much . Also you are probably losing money on lukaku so you need to have settled on lukaku not being in your team medium term.
    The move is not for everyone it suits me because Im happy to offload lukaku.I needed lukaku when I had aguero( price wise). From jan wildcard Im happy with rooney, Negredo.
    I currently have no city players and I feel dzeko is one of the most nailed on for this fixture. I have also been thinking of this move for a few weeks so will be kicking myself if it comes off and Im not on him.

I've been thinking of it for a couple of weeks also. Tonight's price drop won't affect me. Gotta decide in the morning

I've been thinking of it for a couple of weeks also. Tonight's price drop won't affect me. Gotta decide in the morning

would you be captaining him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

Is it worth taking a 4 point hit to go from ozil,lukaku to yaya and adebayor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

jaybe1 wrote: »
    Is it worth taking a 4 point hit to go from ozil,lukaku to yaya and adebayor

Really dont think so..

If i hadn't had to use my ft to get a keeper I'd prob be doing the Dzeko thing.

But I agree it's not worth a hit. Plus as Dzeko could likely be back on bench for the next game you'd want to be planning in wild carding early in Jan.

My other concern is I expect spurs to hammer Stoke so impatient to wait till next week to get Erikson for Ramsey, but again it's prob not worth -4.

Think I'll stick with a back 4 and hold what i have.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

lukaku to dzeko done. Im debating going oscar to silva for a -4 aswell but may hold off till next gw even though it will cost me .1 more. Checked the city forum (bluemoon)every poster says dzeko to start, total fpl, ffs they cant all be wrong can they:eek: For the 6 attacking positions city only have yaya, nasri, silva, navas, fernandinho, milner, garcia, rodwell, negredo and dzeko available. This game is kicking off 44 hours after there last game finished it will be madness if they name the same attacking front 6. Milner and dzeko at a minimum surely have to come in. Nasri came off on 70 mins id expect he will start too and yaya always plays.

Are you gonna (c) Dzeko busts? I've done Ravel and Lukaku to Milner and Dzeko. Unsure over the captaincy tho, still on Suarez at the minute, his 2 blanks this season have been followed by big scores the following week, undecided.

would you be captaining him?

Very possibly. It's on Rooney at the moment but Dzeko is a very strong candidate

Edit: Mind made up. Sticking with Lukaku. Too many hits this year have been disastrous. Lukaku can score at any time and Dzeko needs to outscore him by 5 points for the transfer to have any gain. Ripping my team apart earlier this season to get RVP in for United v Palace turned out to be an absolute total and utter disaster. Fingers crossed now that Palace at least keep Dzeko at bay and not have me regret not getting him in.

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Are you gonna (c) Dzeko busts? I've done Ravel and Lukaku to Milner and Dzeko. Unsure over the captaincy tho, still on Suarez at the minute, his 2 blanks this season have been followed by big scores the following week, undecided.
    I was very close to doing ravel to milner aswell but held off.
    Ye Im going to go dzeko (c). Once he starts I cant see a better option this week.
    If dzeko doesnt start with aguero and jovetic injured and coming 44 hours after the liverpool game. His time at city is over and my days of giving advice on this forum may be over aswell:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

I was very close to doing ravel to milner aswell but held off.
    Ye Im going to go dzeko (c). Once he starts I cant see a better option this week.
    If dzeko doesnt start with aguero and jovetic injured and coming 44 hours after the liverpool game. His time at city is over and my days of giving advice on this forum may be over aswell:pac:

I'd agree that if he doesn't start he'll be on his bike in January, pretty sure he will start tho. Just checked b365 odds on anytime goalscorers for the main candidates: Negredo 4/9, Dzeko 8/15, Lukaku 20/21, Suarez 1/1 & Rooney 6/5. Leaning towards Edin (C)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

GK: Krul, Szczesny.
    DEF: Coleman, Fonte, Turner, Gabbidon, Vlaar.
    MID: Ozil, Ramsey, Hazard, Barkley, Morrison.
    FWD: Suarez, Rooney, Lukaku.

2.0 in the bank.

No idea where to start. I have 2 ft. Any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

A lot of people shipped out Remy last gameweek and he banged in 2. Will be hoping the same for Lukaku this week. Not going to waste a transfer on him as he has a good fixture and with Baines likely back he could get better service.

Rafael to Kompany will be my FT this week. Debating Sterling for a hit even though I'd leave him on the bench. Liverpool have good fixtures from next week and i won't be able to afford him after tonight.

Keno wrote: »
    GK: Krul, Szczesny.
    DEF: Coleman, Fonte, Turner, Gabbidon, Vlaar.
    MID: Ozil, Ramsey, Hazard, Barkley, Morrison.
    FWD: Suarez, Rooney, Lukaku.

2.0 in the bank.

No idea where to start. I have 2 ft. Any advice?

szczeney to mannone. you then have rotating keepers and ramsey to walcott.

Very possibly. It's on Rooney at the moment but Dzeko is a very strong candidate

Edit: Mind made up. Sticking with Lukaku. Too many hits this year have been disastrous. Lukaku can score at any time and Dzeko needs to outscore him by 5 points for the transfer to have any gain. Ripping my team apart earlier this season to get RVP in for United v Palace turned out to be an absolute total and utter disaster. Fingers crossed now that Palace at least keep Dzeko at bay and not have me regret not getting him in.

Id be inclined to say that it is the right decision for you.You dont lose -4 and you wont need to waste a transfer next week. With lukakus drop not affecting you, you get to see how he performs this week before making a decision, plus you were only 50/50 on giving him the armband.
    However cut us dzeko captaincy riskers some slack him getting a goal or two wont really affect ur rankings. He has 4% ownership and most of those are zombie teams from when people actually believed dzeko would be the main man up front for city this year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement