Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 19 transfers

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

A lot of people shipped out Remy last gameweek and he banged in 2. Will be hoping the same for Lukaku this week. Not going to waste a transfer on him as he has a good fixture and with Baines likely back he could get better service.

Rafael to Kompany will be my FT this week. Debating Sterling for a hit even though I'd leave him on the bench. Liverpool have good fixtures from next week and i won't be able to afford him after tonight.

Remy played against 9 men which wont always happen and stole a penalty from Cabaye that Pardew was furious about. There are much better options than Remy atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

zarquon wrote: »
    Remy played against 9 men which wont always happen and stole a penalty from Cabaye that Pardew was furious about. There are much better options than Remy atm

I had wondered about that penalty, safe to say he won't be taking one from Cabaye again.

Thanks for that info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Needed a keeper for two weeks now that Howard is suspended and the wildcard is almost upon us, so I brought in Hart in my only transfer this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

As a cabaye owner I was furious too! 3 pens in a week and he took none :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Did Remy not also let Cisse take the second one? That's what they said on MoTD. They commented he was generous to let Cisse take it when he could of had his hat-trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Paully D wrote: »
    Needed a keeper for two weeks now that Howard is suspended and the wildcard is almost upon us, so I brought in Hart in my only transfer this week.

While you're here what would you say about Ki in for the next 2 GWs? Cheers Paully

While you're here what would you say about Ki in for the next 2 GWs? Cheers Paully

I wouldn't do it mate. He has been playing further forward since Cattermole has come back into the side, but he still doesn't really threaten the goal. He's much more likely to assist the assister as opposed to racking up points himself.

A cracking player, easily our best this year, I'm just not sure if he's the stereotypical fantasy football player.

I wouldn't do it mate. He has been playing further forward since Cattermole has come back into the side, but he still doesn't really threaten the goal. He's much more likely to assist the assister as opposed to racking up points himself.

A cracking player, easily our best this year, I'm just not sure if he's the stereotypical fantasy football player.

Cheers, yeah I know exactly what you mean alright. Long term he's most certainly not an option but with a goal against Chelsea too (on top of the penalty) my interest is piqued as a gamble before the wildcard.

I'll go and have another think now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Oh I wouldn't be bringing Remy anywhere near my team. My point was Remy had a decent run and then a few blanks. People got pissed off and shipped out en masse. Similar situation with Lukaku getting shipped out this week. I couldn't care if he scores 2 goals with his arse against 7 men. I just hope there's a few regretting getting rid of him come 3.30 on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Cheers, yeah I know exactly what you mean alright. Long term he's most certainly not an option but with a goal against Chelsea too (on top of the penalty) my interest is piqued as a gamble before the wildcard.

I'll go and have another think now anyway.

Just as an example, here's his passing chart from the Everton game:

BcfTaM4IAAAg1Wx.jpg

100% completion rate which is extremely impressive, however, you will see that there wasn't much action at all in terms of chance creation.

Getting away from the fantasy football side for a second, that's fine as it's not really his job, he's tasked with retaining possession and keeping things ticking over and in fairness to him, Fletcher clearly wanted to be anywhere else but on a football pitch yesterday so he didn't really have an outlet up front.

I mean for £4.8m there's worse options, he'll play 90 minutes each week and you could hope we get a penalty and he takes it again, but I'd go with someone like Sterling (Hull at home after Chelsea) or Januzaj (Norwich away and Spurs at home) at that price range if you're looking for a two week gamble. I'd imagine they're much more likely to rack up points even if they play less minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Dont know who to get in for Ramsey,already have Cabaye

Have 1.5 in bank so can afford to get Nasri

Good move?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Did Remy not also let Cisse take the second one? That's what they said on MoTD. They commented he was generous to let Cisse take it when he could of had his hat-trick.

MOTD didnt know that Remy was not the designated taker. Cabaye let Cisse take the penalty. Pardew criticised Remy for taking the 1st peno

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/sport/video-1078388/Pardew-Remy-know-takes-penalties-here.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

My front 8 players are currently Ozil, Mirallas, Silva, Ramsey and Ravel in Mid and Suarez, Lukaku and Rooney up front.

Ramsey is out and Ravel is a doubt.

My thoughts are leading me to:
    Ramsey -> Walcott (this transfer will happen in some shape or form)
    Lukaku -> Ade
    Ravel -> Milner

This is for a -8 hit although I could easily and probably will forget about the Milner to Ravel transfer. I do need to take a hit as I'm .2 short for the Wally transfer.

I'll be using that wildcard early enough the way the last 2 GWs have gone as despite all my thinking and preparation for xmas I've made a right balls of it so far.

Would you not do Ozil to Walcott and leave Ramsey for next week?
    I was .1 short for Ramsey--Walcott, so after using free to get playing keeper, wasn't going to go more than -4 to get Walcott.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

So is the general idea that Lukaku > Negredo is a good move?

I still think Lukaku will have a very good week very soon, but Negredo has good fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Tough decision!

YAYA

or

SILVA
    Silva is cheaper which really helps at the time being. HELP:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I see a lot of people here talking about City and bringing in Silva etc, what I don't see is anyone posting how he is only 1 card away from a 1 match ban from what I have read. If that's the case he might be rested tomorrow to avoid the risk since its against Palace. I have him myself and just read it a few minutes ago and its given me a bit of a dilemma to consider I wasnt planning on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Axwell wrote: »
    I see a lot of people here talking about City and bringing in Silva etc, what I don't see is anyone posting how he is only 1 card away from a 1 match ban from what I have read. If that's the case he might be rested tomorrow to avoid the risk since its against Palace. I have him myself and just read it a few minutes ago and its given me a bit of a dilemma to consider I wasnt planning on.
    But there is amnesty on Jan 1 which resets all card counts so surely he could prevent a booking for one game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Axwell wrote: »

Tomorrow is the last game where if he gets a yellow he'd be banned. I don't see them resting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Silly to take out negredo and bring in dzeko? No hit involved

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Silly to take out negredo and bring in dzeko? No hit involved

I wouldn't. It's between Negredo and Silva for the armband.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sorry if I missed something but did Negredo not limp heavily off the field against Liverpool?

Is he definitely not injured?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Sorry if I missed something but did Negredo not limp heavily off the field against Liverpool?

****e I didn't know that :/ well he's not flagged on the site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

RB100 wrote: »
    Tough decision!

YAYA

or

SILVA
    Silva is cheaper which really helps at the time being. HELP:confused:

I've gone with Silva even though I thought Yaya was the better choice previously. I just can't justify paying 10 million for Yaya when I can get Silva for over half a million cheaper. From memory I think they have similar points per game stats but I think Silva would be the better buy.

Listed as cramp/fatigue by Physio Room, no injury. They do say that he may start on the bench though.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Dont know who to get in for Ramsey,already have Cabaye

Have 1.5 in bank so can afford to get Nasri

Good move?

Walcott, if you can afford it...

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Putting all my eggs in the city basket tomorrow, massive risk but I've slipped in the last few game weeks.

Dzeko and ya ya in, negredo and ravel out. Also have silva. I need palace to get massacred.

Ok Paully has talked me out of Ki and my attention turns to Sterling.

I need to start making the right transfers from now on. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ramsey returns from the dead to break Walcott and score a hat-trick on my current form :pac: :(

A midfield for 7.0 or less for the next 2/3 GWs only is what I desire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Skippy44 wrote: »

the "split them" comment does suggest it will be Jovetic & Dzeko starting tomorrow.

take nothing for granted though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Seems reasonable enough... Now what the hell is the story with Clyne... 75% chance of player for a month now.... I'll need him if Zab isn't playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Ok, here is my situation. Advice is greatly appreciated.

Sold Ramsey for silva, happy out. My keepers are Howard (suspended) and Henderson( no mins at all for West ham). So need a keeper and was willing to take 4 pts hit for hart at home against palace but I already have 3 city players. So here is my question, as a punt I am thinking of selling yaya and buying Walcott, then I can buy hart an incur an 8 point penalty. Madness or inspired?

My logic is hart will surely get a clean sheet and cover the first 4 point penalty, and then Walcott is in such a rich vein he can also cover my second penalty and then some.

Logically I think just sitting back and collecting no points from keeper is the best solution but the risk taker in me really wants to 'go for the car'!

Ok Paully has talked me out of Ki and my attention turns to Sterling.

I need to start making the right transfers from now on. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ramsey returns from the dead to break Walcott and score a hat-trick on my current form :pac: :(

A midfield for 7.0 or less for the next 2/3 GWs only is what I desire

Jaysus Mr P., I didn't realize that you were even considering Ki as potential ff points scorer:mad: Avoid that move at all. Lallana or Cabaye are the obvious answers. Very few options in that price bracket imo but my suggestions would be a spurs mid, anticipate the bandwagon on any of Sigurdsson, Eriksen or Chadli in that order :)

Not good news for us Negredo owners, as Negredo and Dzeko cannot play together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Jaysus Mr P., I didn't realize that you were even considering Ki as potential ff points scorer:mad: Avoid that move at all. Lallana or Cabaye are the obvious answers. Very few options in that price bracket imo but my suggestions would be a spurs mid, anticipate the bandwagon on any of Sigurdsson, Eriksen or Chadli in that order :)

Sigurdsson is due a 16 pointer soon! :D

I'm half serious there :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

This is the worst case scenario to me - transferred Zabaleta out by mistake, instead of Mert, and had to bring him back for a -4 hit. Didn't mind it, but i assumed he will play.
    If Arsenal kept a clean sheet, i would stay away from the forum, otherwise i get a ban.

Not good news for us Negredo owners, as Negredo and Dzeko cannot play together.

They've not played together too many times tbf. Dzeko will start tho, that's for sure.

We all know Ki's going to score now tomorrow don't we, it's practically the law...well Murphy's Law anyway :pac:

I can't afford any Spurs midfielders bar Paulinho who's back from suspension

I could go full retard and ditch Lukaku for Dzeko. Captain Dzeko and and bring in Ashley Young too for -8...very tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

bring in Ashley Young too for -8...very tempted.

For your own good, go to bed!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

We all know Ki's going to score now tomorrow don't we, it's practically the law...well Murphy's Law anyway :pac:

I can't afford any Spurs midfielders bar Paulinho who's back from suspension

I could go full retard and ditch Lukaku for Dzeko. Captain Dzeko and and bring in Ashley Young too for -8...very tempted.

If you can afford Ashley Young then you can afford Eriksen and considering Spurs play a Stoke team severely depleted defensively that's where I would be looking. Have spent the last hour looking at my team getting rid of Ramsay which was forced and then debating over who to bring in and whether or not to get rid of Lukaku. Ended up going for Dzeko and Walcott but Dzeko is short term. My other options I looked at were Adeybayor and Either Siggy or Eriksen.

That should keep you awake for a while longer :D

• Advertisement

Right, after an hour of head scratching, I had gone to bed. Then the baby woke for a bottle, so obviously I changed my mind and got Eriksen in for Ramsey for -4. :D

The struggle was over the fact I have four decent defender options and this means benching Merts away to Newcastle. If he get a CS the move was a bad one. If Eriksen does anything it's a good one.

Goodnight.

I think I'll just go Sterling in and forget all my fancy notions.

Btw, where do you apply to join this anti Ramsey thingy! Feels weird already not having him....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Thinking of taking a 4 point hit to get Paulinho in for Shelvey, reckon he'll want to atone for his red card and he should be all fresh for a handy looking fixture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Id be inclined to say that it is the right decision for you.You dont lose -4 and you wont need to waste a transfer next week. With lukakus drop not affecting you, you get to see how he performs this week before making a decision, plus you were only 50/50 on giving him the armband.
    However cut us dzeko captaincy riskers some slack him getting a goal or two wont really affect ur rankings. He has 4% ownership and most of those are zombie teams from when people actually believed dzeko would be the main man up front for city this year.

LOL. Alright, I'll give you a goal. Just the one mind, but enough to make your transfer a success! Sure throw in a bonus point too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I think I'll just go Sterling in and forget all my fancy notions.

Away to Chelsea?

• Advertisement

No, pelligrini said he was fine. Might have been cramp or something innocuous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Ramsey to Navas, not sure whether it's the right choice or not. Only have 8.2m when I transfer out Rambo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Benimar wrote: »
    Looking at Total FPL, Suarez has 755 net transfers OUT today :confused::eek:

And 1798 this morning alone. What's wrong with people?

Advertisement