Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Consequences of the Christmas Special...

• 26-12-2013 1:05pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Yes, yes, besides the obvious! It occured to me...

1) There is no mystery now. The Timelords survived.
    2) The Timelords are able to observe our reality through the crack.
    3) The Timelords are able to move the crack to observe other parts of the universe.
    4) The Timelords can come back when the feel like. They CHOSE not to come back without knowing the Doctor says it's safe.
    5) Perhaps, scarily enough for future episodes, the Timelords have an ability to affect the Universe through the crack...

Next series could be REALLY interesting!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I don't know if they can affect the universe - they only affected the Doctor. The can observe and send messages but there was no direct intervention except giving the doctor 12 more lives.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Orion wrote: »
    I don't know if they can affect the universe - they only affected the Doctor. The can observe and send messages but there was no direct intervention except giving the doctor 12 more lives.

The Doctor is in the Universe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The next doctor will be able to order a drink on any planet he chooses without being asked for ID.
    In my ideal world he will also swear a lot and fire three assistants per episode in a variety of cruel manners.
    He might scare some aliens too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My one quibble with this idea in general was that the Doctor pleaded the Timelords would be returning in peace; yet the last we saw of them they were (losing) in a long & bloody war, with the rest of the universe hating them as much as the daleks. Their previous attempt to break out of the Time Locked War didn't exactly demonstrate peaceful intentions either. So I wonder if the return of the Time Lords will also be a future Big Bad too; The Doc wants to bring them back but also has to fight those on Gallifrey who would try and re-establish an empire. It'd be a shame if the notion of the Time Lords being a malevolence was completely abandoned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

If they come back....

does hell come with them?

The nightmare child?

The would be king ?

The Army of Meanwhiles and Neverweres?

The Skaro Degradations?

The Horde of Travesties?

Season 8 could be very interesting indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,385 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If they come back....

does hell come with them?

The nightmare child?

The would be king ?

The Army of Meanwhiles and Neverweres?

The Skaro Degradations?

The Horde of Travesties?

Season 8 could be very interesting indeed!

No, Gallifrey was transferred to another dimension, on what was supposed to be the last day of the Time War. Only whatever was on Gallifrey at that time (So basically, only the people of Gallifrey and a bunch of Daleks who were on Gallifrey, but not all the Dalek ships around Gallifrey) were moved. It's likely the Time Lords were then able to kill the remaining Daleks, and now they're the ones who are stuck in the pocket universe and are trying to get back.

All those things you named would have been killed/destroyed before the last day of the Time War, or wouldn't have been on Gallifrey when it was moved.

Penn wrote: »
    No, Gallifrey was transferred to another dimension, on what was supposed to be the last day of the Time War. Only whatever was on Gallifrey at that time (So basically, only the people of Gallifrey and a bunch of Daleks who were on Gallifrey, but not all the Dalek ships around Gallifrey) were moved. It's likely the Time Lords were then able to kill the remaining Daleks, and now they're the ones who are stuck in the pocket universe and are trying to get back.

All those things you named would have been killed/destroyed before the last day of the Time War, or wouldn't have been on Gallifrey when it was moved.

Yes, but wasnt the episode 'The End of Time' set on the last day, and the 10th Doctor feared 'the war turned into hell' and all the 'monsters' returning

Yes, but wasnt the episode 'The End of Time' set on the last day, and the 10th Doctor feared 'the war turned into hell' and all the 'monsters' returning

But End of Time was about the Time-lock on the Time War being opened, bringing everything through. Day of the Doctor though, only Gallifrey itself was moved to a pocket universe. Not even the Daleks surrounding Gallifrey were moved.

Penn wrote: »
    But End of Time was about the Time-lock on the Time War being opened, bringing everything through. Day of the Doctor though, only Gallifrey itself was moved to a pocket universe. Not even the Daleks surrounding Gallifrey were moved.

I do believe they were blown to high heavens? :P

Not sure, I have a feeling some of those 'monsters' may be making an appearance in season 8.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Might just been an aftermath effect, but Doctor 2.1 claims he has no idea how to fly the TARDIS. Will we be back to more randomised adventures? The Doctor has had decent control since the Three Doctors but even more so since Season 27 hit the screens. Might be a way of giving the series a bit of a reboot in some ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

ixoy wrote: »
    Might just been an aftermath effect, but Doctor 2.1 claims he has no idea how to fly the TARDIS. Will we be back to more randomised adventures? The Doctor has had decent control since the Three Doctors but even more so since Season 27 hit the screens. Might be a way of giving the series a bit of a reboot in some ways.

I'd say that was more a bit of confusion after regenerating.

Matt Smith forgot the Tardis was even crashing, Paul McGann forgot what he was and so on.

I'd say it's just a result of changing, it's a temporary mind jolt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

There's one thing I'm not 100% sure of, and perhaps someone could clarify. When they say he has a new regeneration cycle, does that mean he has the twelve regenerations again, or does that just mean one regen?

Angron wrote: »
    There's one thing I'm not 100% sure of, and perhaps someone could clarify. When they say he has a new regeneration cycle, does that mean he has the twelve regenerations again, or does that just mean one regen?

12. It's kind of his reward for saving Gallifrey. Plus it means the writers won't have to keep trying to figure out ways to give him another regeneration each time. Just give him twelve now

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'd say that was more a bit of confusion after regenerating.

Matt Smith forgot the Tardis was even crashing, Paul McGann forgot what he was and so on.

I'd say it's just a result of changing, it's a temporary mind jolt.

Ya think they would stop regenerating in the Tardis then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

It's likely the Time Lords were then able to kill the remaining Daleks, and now they're the ones who are stuck in the pocket universe and are trying to get back.

This is the part I'm stuck on - they were not just moved to the pocket universe but they were locked in a moment of time also. The fact that they can interact with our universe would imply they have escaped this moment in time. As such I don't see why they don't create another TARDIS and send one timelord back into this universe to gauge how things are going.

Advertisement