Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your beauty new years resolution

• 26-12-2013 1:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Im asking ladies and fellas if there are any on here what is your new years beauty resolution..(Serious answers only).

Mine is to do more with my hair,ive used a fake fringe hairpiece this week and got so many compliments on it i thought i was dreaming it i had to pinch myself:D

I will probably get a fringe cut and a completley different style,maybe a few inches off my hair.

The great thing about getting a few inches off my hair is that it will dry quicker and less straightening in the mornings when its really cold and miserable.

Another resolution of mine is to get my teeth cleaned at the dentist,i put it off since i got my teeth out,it put me off the dentist completly.:eek:

One more resolution (my third and final one) is to exfoliate more and get some more laser on my red blotches that are visible on my skin since getting the thread veins off.

Do you have any new beauty resolutions for the new year?:)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I really want to put in a special effort to do something a little different with my make up and/or hair each day, be it using a lipstick I never use or putting having a lip and eye combo ive never done before. I just want something to get me out of rut of using the same products day after day and never touching the rest!
    Perhaps a weird one but kinda included in the previous resolution, I want to put in the effort to wear make up more often, I know its good not to wear it all the time but I love wearing it, im just always too lazy to get outta bed those few minutes earlier to use it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

I find a good trick that will save you time is if you put out all your make up tools and clothes you are going to wear the night before,instead of scrambling around looking for them.

Organistation is key to this time saving in the morning.Also i prepare my skin the night before i cleanse,exfoliate and moisturise,so my make up goes on quicker and more easily and its easier and quicker to blend.

It takes me about 10 mins to get ready with make up and about 1 mins for clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Mine is just to work my way through my samples/minis/almost-empties and stuff that I'm not that mad about so I can downsize my collection :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Mine is to learn to use false eyelashes :o

Curl my hair most days, it's so long and the only reason I grew it was to have it curly!!!

Wear fake nails every day. I used to get my nails done every few weeks, then gave up. Now I have an engagement ring and I'd be mortified if someone asked to see it and my nails were manky!!

Also, take my make up off every night instead of just sleeping with it on :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I'm currently organising my bedroom and realised I've so many beauty products and make up. So I decluttered everything and from now on I'm going to...

1) moisture every day face n body

2) try wear make up more often

3) do my hair nice

I find I'm so lazy with work full time, part time college and being single mother I don't make enough effort with myself. Then I get depressed with the way I look. So I'm breaking the cycle

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

Good for you,no matter what you look like or your size(i used to be a whale) or circumstances you can put your best foot forward..

I always made sure i looked my best no matter what weight i was at and it helped me a lot.

I lost weight slowly but even then my face looks a bit on the bad side,i thought if you lost weight quickly it would look worse,but this weight loss has just aged me about a couple of years and its really shocked me a lot.

Now that im slimmer my face has lost volume and i cant be bothered to get botox every so often (maybe restyline the odd time),but its not maintenance i can afford a lot of maybe once every two years or something like that if im lucky.

So im getting a fringe so my face is shortened so i look like i have a chubbier face well sort of and it covers up the lines on the forehead i have two major ones right now,and its kind of the cheap mans botox(getting a fringe)if you ask me.

I dont know why those celebs didnt think of the fringe sooner *LOL* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭marquise

pow wow wrote: »
    Mine is just to work my way through my samples/minis/almost-empties and stuff that I'm not that mad about so I can downsize my collection :)

This. I have so many products. I'm going to ban myself from buying anything beauty related for January and use up what I've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Mine is to stop buying stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

+1 for not buying stuff. I'm only gonna allow myself to buy make up or skin care stuff if it's to replace something I have completely run out of.

I'm also gonna try to be more disciplined with my skin care routine, especially when it comes to washing make up off properly everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭Design78

Mine starts tomorrow, getting my long hair cut into a bob. Its been halfway down my back for nearly 30 years. Last time it was above my shoulders was for my first communion. Needless to say Im not sleeping much tonight :-( It really needs to be done though, although its in great condition I find Im always wearing it in a ponytail and it needs some style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Probably to stop buying things!

And also to take better care of my skin - at the minute it looks dehydrated and not at all smooth (especially my forehead) or glowing :(

Can anyone recommend products to help smoothness? I moisturise every night with nivea cream and take my makeup off but thats it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Probably to stop buying things!

And also to take better care of my skin - at the minute it looks dehydrated and not at all smooth (especially my forehead) or glowing :(

Can anyone recommend products to help smoothness? I moisturise every night with nivea cream and take my makeup off but thats it!

Hydraluron is great for dehydrated skin.

I find the hot cloth clensers great (liz earl / no 7 or to really blow the budget eve lom) they really clean the skin without drying it out too much. Also I see a huge difference in my skin if I use a night cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I have too many body washes and lotions so my resolution is to use them up before buying anymore.

I also want to learn how to perfect the winged eye liner look. I am just brutal at applying eyeliner.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

To take better care of my poor feet!!

I made a resolution to use body lotion every day last year and I did and it's made a huge difference to my skin..

Also, to try a new haircut at some stage :o

xzanti wrote: »
    To take better care of my poor feet!!

I made a resolution to use body lotion every day last year and I did and it's made a huge difference to my skin..

Also, to try a new haircut at some stage :o

Oh must do the same & book an appointment with a chiropodist, I find they beat any spa hands down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Cleanse, tone, moisturise !
    Cleanse, tone, moisturise !
    Cleanse, tone, moisturise !...........
    Oh yeah and stop buying new stuff until all the old stuff is used up !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Design78 wrote: »
    Oh must do the same & book an appointment with a chiropodist, I find they beat any spa hands down.

Should that not be feet down :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭My Makeup Perspective

To shop my stash, meaning to use up all of my foundations before I buy a new one, AND to research really well before buying any new products, no more whimsical purchases!

I have way too much makeup as it is! Also to make more beauty videos. I've been slacky.

Like almost EVERYONE on here, I have to stop buying things. :)

My new years resolution is to wade through all the products I stocked up on, I impulse or bargain or bought under the influence of hormones.

I will buy nothing new until I'm all out.

No matter how pretty, how new, how high-tech, no matter what it promises, how cute it looks, how cute I think I'll look with it, not if it's what I've been looking for all my life, not if it's half-price, not if it's on 3 for 2, and not even if I have PMS and the only thing that will cure it is a new nail polish. Nothing, nada, zip.

I predict great savings in 2014!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Use up old before I open new - drives me mad having loads of half finished stuff hanging around the place (and it's my own doing!).

Drink more water, always need to drink more water.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adraigh

Stop touching spots!!! Gross I know but I've gone terrible for it :o

It does no good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Finished two products in the last two days, so proud!

In fairness, they were trial sizes but still it's a start!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭My Makeup Perspective

What I do is, I have a basket in my bathroom where I toss all my finished products; foundations, concealers, shampoos, etc etc. Then when I have a decent amount built up I record and upload a YouTube video about it. It's quite a new craze on YouTube, "Product Empties", or "Products I've Used Up". Really good to watch and it's like a mini review on each product.

It makes finishing up stuff fun!

[SNIP]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

My new years resolution is to take better care if my skin. I'm going to buy good cleanser toner and moisterisure. I'm also going to make sure I always take my make up off after a night out, I'm lethal for being too lazy when i come home!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

newbee22 wrote: »
    My new years resolution is to take better care if my skin. I'm going to buy good cleanser toner and moisterisure. I'm also going to make sure I always take my make up off after a night out, I'm lethal for being too lazy when i come home!

Mine is the same! I'm a demon for not taking my make up off. It's something I'm definitely going to stick to. If I can make the time to put it all on before rushing out the door to work I can certainly make the effort to take it off when I get home.

Advertisement