Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfect Card - Dundrum Town Centre

Options
  • 26-12-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure where to post this but hopefully this forum is ok. I received a Perfect Card gift card branded for Dundrum Town Centre. As I understand it these csrds are prepaid mastercard credit cards. I am wondering if these cards can be used elsewhere,for example online, or sre they somehow restricted to Dundrum TC only. Being more than 150k from Dublin and considering I could find a better use for the card it would be good to know this information.

Thanks in advance if amyone knows anything about this and can offer some knowledge.

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Berbatov wrote: »
    Hi,

Not sure where to post this but hopefully this forum is ok. I received a Perfect Card gift card branded for Dundrum Town Centre. As I understand it these csrds are prepaid mastercard credit cards. I am wondering if these cards can be used elsewhere,for example online, or sre they somehow restricted to Dundrum TC only. Being more than 150k from Dublin and considering I could find a better use for the card it would be good to know this information.

Thanks in advance if amyone knows anything about this and can offer some knowledge.

P

As far as I am aware these can only be used in stores in the dundrum town centre. One option would be to sell the gift card on adverts however you will probably end up taking quite a hit as you will not get the full value of the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

If they are prepaid mastercards they can be used anywhere that takes mastercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,081 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They can be used anywhere (that will still accept signatures - the cards have no chips) but you'll get very odd looks in other centres. They are Newcastle Building Society credit cards, nothing different than that.

You can generally use them online with zero issues, from memory the CVV2 is under a scratchcard bit on the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Berbatov

FYI tried to use it on amazon but although it recognized it as mastercard it wouldnt process the payment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Berbatov wrote: »
    FYI tried to use it on amazon but although it recognized it as mastercard it wouldnt process the payment.

Sites that use address verification may reject them as address won't be registered. But most places will take them.

Tried another site but "authorisation was declined by the bank"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

try putting "dundrum town centre" as the cardholder address

Last website wasn't looking for an address but was looking for cardholder names in two different fields, ie firstname and lastname in two separate boxes

• Advertisement

Tried that, didn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

They could have card holder not present transactions turned off. Not sure if that is possible but would explain it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭lau1247

From the website, it seems to say anywhere mastercard is accepted, 32 millions locations.. I'm guessing shops rather than online (not sure about the online part)

link

Might be worth calling them and ask??

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement