Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading pictures from smart phone.

Options
  • 26-12-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Help! Every time I download pictures I've taken witn my Sony Xperia, I end up with hundreds (literally!) of 'smiley' graphics as well as the pictures I took.
    I think they're the text add-on icons from Viber of Whatsapp, both of which I have on my phone.
    They still come through even when I tick 'delete after downloading' so I end up sitting for half an hour manually deleting them from my Windows Live Gallery' laptop.
    Any ideas on how to stop it happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

How are you doing it? Sounds like you are taking the thumbnails over.

When you look at the folder sort the graphics by filesize and you'll sort them out and you can select them all in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

Hi beauf, I'm no tekkie so be patient with me. I'm just plugging in the phone to the laptop, then I'm asked where I want to download the pics to, and I tick the Windows Live Photo Gallery option. I don't recall being asked anything else, it just starts looking for picture, it always finds five or so straight awy, then there's a long pause and it goes loopy and downloads the hundreds of icons as well.
    Could you talk me through how I should be doing it? (And Happy Christmas BTW!)

Explore the phone and look for the dcim folder there may be two one one the phone. And one on the memory card if it has one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Install Google+ on your Xperia. Go in to settings and select to backup your photos and videos automatically (choose over Wifi only to save your mobile data)
    This will back up your photos as you take them on the phone no need to plug anything in. You can choose full size and your Google account has about 15gb free storage. Otherwise choose to upload at 2048x2048 and you get unlimited storage. Videos under 15 mins are not counted towards your limit either.
    You can then remove the pictures from your phone as you can view all the pictures in Google+ at any time
    Saves you time and effort and you can download the full version from your account also on the pc if needed. It also has a great suite of editing and enhancing tools on the phone and pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

• Advertisement

Many thanks for the replies and advice...Google plus won the day, looking forward to downloading the next pics I take and seeing what happens!

Keep a check on your 3g data

Er....does that mean that Google plus might cost me money?

Google Plus is free.

But its on the web. So how you access the web might cost you or be free. We have no idea how you access the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Its OK Google+ Auto Backup defaults to WiFi upload only.

• Advertisement
Advertisement