Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yale Alarm battery removed

Options
  • 26-12-2013 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

A couple of years back my uncle and I installed a wireless Yale Alarm for my mother. Worked perfect and all happy with it.
    However, a few weeks back, my mother said the control panel was beeping, 'low battery'. I don't live anywhere near so I said I'd replace them next time I was home. She then rang one evening to say she couldn't stick the beeping, so she opened the control panel and just took out the batteries and closed it again.
    So, now I'm home for Christmas and I've the new batteries with me but I'm not sure how to go about this.
    Will the whole 'memory set-up', if you can call it that, be now wiped from it? I'm just afraid it'll go crazy and I don't have my uncle here to go up on the chimney again, where the siren box is.
    Any opinions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭deandean

You should be able to download the installation & user manual for that alarm, do a Google search for it.

A relative of mine has one of those wireless Yale alarms, I helped her install it a few years ago. It works fine, and last year the external alarm low battery was indicated and I took the opportunity to replace every battery in the system, including the sensors (which cost A LOT!).

The main panel retained the configuration no problem I was replacing the batteries.

I guess in your case, all you can do is stick in the new batteries and hope for the best. Have a pair of earplugs with you just in case, the alarm in the main panel is shocking noisy! And you'll need the engineer code which hopefully you have noted somewhere.

Batteries in the external bell box are often the first to go, so you are as well off to call in the Uncle + ladder to replace those while you're at it.

Best of luck.

Advertisement