Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken rear window

Options
  • 26-12-2013 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Only a long shot....I'm looking for a replacement back window for my Rimor Europeo. Size (edge to edge from the back) 620 high x 655 wide with a 450 top hinge bar. Brown tint and double glazed. I've found a s/h one in a breakers in Wales, it has a small crack by the hinge bar and it'll cost me over 100 euro including shipping.
    Is that a bit steep?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

tony glenn wrote: »
    Only a long shot....I'm looking for a replacement back window for my Rimor Europeo. Size (edge to edge from the back) 620 high x 655 wide with a 450 top hinge bar. Brown tint and double glazed. I've found a s/h one in a breakers in Wales, it has a small crack by the hinge bar and it'll cost me over 100 euro including shipping.
    Is that a bit steep?
    Have you tried Eastcoast? The seem to break a lot of stuff.

Sounds reasonable.
    Main dealer will cover the shipping themselves so maybe worth a look. You could also try a windscreen cover claim and get a new pane fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

Two good ideas....many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Two good ideas....many thanks.

Most MHs measure the window opening rather than the glass. What make window is it?

It's 'Polyplastic' ......I'm fairly sure that it's a standard size of sorts, as the one in the UK is identical to the mm both ways.
    I cam send a pic if it helps!

• Advertisement

It's 'Polyplastic' ......I'm fairly sure that it's a standard size of sorts, as the one in the UK is identical to the mm both ways.
    I cam send a pic if it helps!

Ah Roxite Polyplastic. To be honest if the other one is the same it'd be your simplest option. Just be sure the catches etc are all identical

For future reference, Aviva Windscreen Cover includes all windows (but not the sunroof) with no limit if you use their approved fitters,
    but a 225 euro limit if you source from anyone else (which you'd probably have to, as motorhome windows wouldn't be a stock item with most windscreen companies!) I was lucky, I found a s/h window in the UK for around 100 euro, a new one was dealer-quoted at 450 euro!! (450 for a 600mm square piece of plastic???).

For future reference, Aviva Windscreen Cover includes all windows (but not the sunroof) with no limit if you use their approved fitters,
    but a 225 euro limit if you source from anyone else (which you'd probably have to, as motorhome windows wouldn't be a stock item with most windscreen companies!) I was lucky, I found a s/h window in the UK for around 100 euro, a new one was dealer-quoted at 450 euro!! (450 for a 600mm square piece of plastic???).

Because it's double glazed , moulded and e marked ensuring its safe over its lifespan in an accident. It's far from just a square piece of plastic!

Advertisement