Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc alarm problem

Options
  • 26-12-2013 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    Can anyone help please.?
    I have a newish HKC alarm (apprx 1 year). This morning the alarm went off showing the message ' Alarm Gross Z6 kitchen'

When checked there appeared to be no interference externally or internally with any doors or windows defined under Z6.
    There is no reference in manual to the above message. normally when the alarm goes off in error it would state alarm activity in Z6..where i may have opened the door without deactivating the alarm..first time I have seen Gross.
    Thank you to anyone who can help

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Gross 6 is the force the alarm interpreted the window or door was hit as based on the signals sent to the panel.
    Is this a wired or wireless device?
    Which HKC system have you installed?
    As a once off activation it could be anything.If it happens again I would be checking the resistance on that zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lucylou1

Thank you so much for quick reply.
    The alarm is wired and the type is HKC Secure/watch. class 11 CIE. EN 50131 grade 2. There is room for 12 zones. Thats
    all the info I can get from panel. The owners manual is very basic.
    I have set the alarm this evening and hoping it was a once off. It wasnt windy or raining at the time.
    If it happens again I will check the resistance on the zone as you suggested.
    again many thanks, much appreciated. c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did you say this was only installed about a year???
    That's a relatively old panel. We stopped installing them about 10 years ago. You should have got the newer securewave. Pricewise there is nothing between them. Also if it's borderline on a year you should really get the installer back under gaurantee. You shouldn't have issues with the sensors in that short a period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lucylou1

The new panel was put in with new wiring when windows upgraded 18 months ago.
    Thankfully the alarm was okay overnight and today so hopefully it was a one off..maybe a bird flew into kitchen window.
    again, thank you for your help.

Hopefully all is well. Still baffles me why you got a Securewatch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement