Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to this..

Options
  • 26-12-2013 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey guys hope you all had a good Christmas :)

I play a lot of SSF4AE online and want to get to play some lan with you all!
    I'm living in Dublin which I know is convenient but, when and where are they held?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Casuals and tournaments are usually held in the XGC on Liffey Street, which isn't even a minutes walk from the Haypenny Bridge.

Things usually die down around Christmas. The next tournament is on the 11th (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057096604 for details) and there will probably be casuals on the Wednesday beforehand.

Hope to see you down for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Visual_Magik

Thanks man! Don't know if I'm ready for any tourney yet but I might come down to watch anyway! Thanks a lot! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Thanks man! Don't know if I'm ready for any tourney yet but I might come down to watch anyway! Thanks a lot! :)

Watch out for tekken lads

You'll notice a sign *Hopscotch in progress* by the PS3s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Hey man best way to learn is to take part. there's no shame or embarrassment if you're not that good, people are super understanding and will spend time showing you things.

and If you awesome you get to be "that guy" who showed up out of nowehere and owned everyone. it's a win win.

That's what I love about the FGC, worldwide, I don't think there's a friendlier community in all of gaming.

Thanks man! Sound bit of advice! :) Anyone fancy a few games in a bit? ;)
    Im on 360 by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Thanks man! Sound bit of advice! :) Anyone fancy a few games in a bit? ;)
    Im on 360 by the way!

I think a lot of people play on Steam now if you have a PC up to the task.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Rob2D wrote: »
    I think a lot of people play on Steam now if you have a PC up to the task.

most of us are on xbl

Good to know! Ive seen a good few of your names on this and xbl!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Good to know! Ive seen a good few of your names on this and xbl!

You were in a lobby with me and ladno the other night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

You should just come to a tournament anyway. Regardless of skill level. Sure Kiki keeps coming back and it can't be cause he's good at the game :p

Playing in a tourney will level you up anyway. playing online won't imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Playing in a tourney will level you up anyway. playing online won't imho.

I don't agree with that. The best players in this country are generally the ones who play online the most.

I don't agree with that. The best players in this country are generally the ones who play online the most.

You'll learn a lot about match ups online IMO.

You'll learn a lot about match ups offline too if you had enough time and opponents, but who does :D

There is so much I can learn online I feel and I think I have learned a good bit! Going to lan will be the next thing :) I now play on just a regualar 360 controler I should just bring one along?

There is so much I can learn online I feel and I think I have learned a good bit! Going to lan will be the next thing :) I now play on just a regualar 360 controler I should just bring one along?

Yup, and if you have a wired one bring that- wireless ones cause problems!

I actually dont have a cabel :/ Ill see if I can get one! I understand why they would though!

I actually dont have a cabel :/ Ill see if I can get one! I understand why they would though!

If you're popping along to casuals it's no biggy, it can be a problem for tournaments though.

If you're popping along to casuals it's no biggy, it can be a problem for tournaments though.

Ok sweet Ill be around as soon as I can :)

Advertisement