Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

registering bike in ireland

• 26-12-2013 4:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18

I'm buying a 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r in Birmingham next week. I'm going to get a pretty good deal on it compared to what I would pay for one here.

I'm just concerned about how much it will cost me to have it registered here? Could I chance driving it around on English number plates for a while or do I have to change it over right away?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

K ninja wrote: »
    I'm buying a 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r in Birmingham next week. I'm going to get a pretty good deal on it compared to what I would pay for one here.

I'm just concerned about how much it will cost me to have it registered here? Could I chance driving it around on English number plates for a while or do I have to change it over right away?

Thanks

https://www.ros.ie/evrt-enquiry/vrtenquiry/vehicle.html?execution=e1s1

knock yourself out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 K ninja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Has it enough miles on it to make it VAT exempt?

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Has it enough miles on it to make it VAT exempt?

I don't know. How does that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

I don't know. How does that work?
    6000km or over I think

• Advertisement

MonstaMash wrote: »
    6000km or over I think

Sweet. there sounds like there could be a bit of saving in this. The bike has 10,000 km or there abouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Sweet. there sounds like there could be a bit of saving in this. The bike has 10,000 km or there abouts.

If your bike had less than 6000 km on it you would have had to pay for the bike plus vrt on it plus vat on the bike cost + vrt. If it's got more than 6k km you will only need to pay the vrt

Advertisement