Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3, Internal memory question.

Options
  • 26-12-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Sorry,

I know it's probably covered in here somewhere, but my son's PS3 has not enough internal memory on it's hard drive for him to load any more games, got 2 more at Christmas but had to delete other games to allow him to play them. Can he use an external hard drive to expand this memory or does he have to change the internal hard drive. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. If it's a case of swapping out the internal hard drive, could someone recommend where to get it done in such a way that his date can be saved onto new hard drive before the change.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

For internal HDDs, get a sata 2.5 inch drive at 5200RPM. Only thing to watch out for is the height of the drive.

Edit:

For transferring to the new drive, all you'll need is a Fat32 formatted external hard drive. You can backup to an external source, then restore it onto the new hard drive.

Advertisement