Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert from PS3 to XBOX1 here - Game download very slow - help!

Options
  • 26-12-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Got the 1 yesterday as a Christmas gift. It was the COD Ghosts version. I did the update on 'standard 8Mb' broadband and the initial update was extremely slow but I figured it's Christmas day but hey, it'll be ok after that. I then went to play COD and realised that it's not actually a disc but a QR code that I scan. I did that but reading the booklet it said it was a 49GB download and thought, this will take a while. It got to about 3% after about 5 hours. I decided to go and get a demo of Fifa, which took an age, however I got it working. I then thought, screw this, I'll go back to my apartment with its stupid fast UPC broadband and get this sorted. Three hours later, I'm at 40%.
    The Detailed Network Statistics show that my Download speed is 27Mbps.
    I'm new to XBOX but frankly this completely sucks! I'm an impatient 30+ year old, however if I had a kid that wanted to play XBOX on Christmas day there would be tears.
    I haven't seen any moaning on any threads here, nor online. Am I unique in having this problem? Is there anything I can do to speed this up? I've read the game can be played before it's fully installed but is there a % that needs to be reached?
    TL/DR - Extremely slow digital download - is there anything that can speed it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

elmicko wrote: »
    Got the 1 yesterday as a Christmas gift. It was the COD Ghosts version. I did the update on 'standard 8Mb' broadband and the initial update was extremely slow but I figured it's Christmas day but hey, it'll be ok after that. I then went to play COD and realised that it's not actually a disc but a QR code that I scan. I did that but reading the booklet it said it was a 49GB download and thought, this will take a while. It got to about 3% after about 5 hours. I decided to go and get a demo of Fifa, which took an age, however I got it working. I then thought, screw this, I'll go back to my apartment with its stupid fast UPC broadband and get this sorted. Three hours later, I'm at 40%.
    The Detailed Network Statistics show that my Download speed is 27Mbps.
    I'm new to XBOX but frankly this completely sucks! I'm an impatient 30+ year old, however if I had a kid that wanted to play XBOX on Christmas day there would be tears.
    I haven't seen any moaning on any threads here, nor online. Am I unique in having this problem? Is there anything I can do to speed this up? I've read the game can be played before it's fully installed but is there a % that needs to be reached?
    TL/DR - Extremely slow digital download - is there anything that can speed it up?

Its a pity you used the code you could have sold it online and got some money back to buy disk. I got console deal with the cod ghosts code too and sold it online as my internet is way too slow. i was aware that it was a code but i just took it anyway as i might not have got it before christmas, the staff at xtra vision weren't going to mention that it was a code though i asked them

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭elmicko

sky23 wrote: »
    Its a pity you used the code you could have sold it online and got some money back to buy disk. I got console deal with the cod ghosts code too and sold it online as my internet is way too slow. i was aware that it was a code but i just took it anyway as i might not have got it before christmas, the staff at xtra vision weren't going to mention that it was a code though i asked them

The pity is that my girlfriend didn't make any saving on buying the XBOX with the COD ghosts bundle - she could've bought the XBOX and the physical game for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

The pity is that my girlfriend didn't make any saving on buying the XBOX with the COD ghosts bundle - she could've bought the XBOX and the physical game for the same price.

it is cheaper though bundle is 540euros and in most places the game disc is 70euros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

What's your gamertag, OP? Looking for more people to play COD with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I should hopefully be picking this up over the next day or so. Send me a follow or whatever we are calling it these days - ferrigan101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Connect to the router via Ethernet?

I actually am! I have 0 friends, which is depressing!
    I'm a complete newbie so I'm likely to get shot to shi..
    MickHal1 is the gamertag
    Please add

miralize wrote: »
    Connect to the router via Ethernet?
    I got it up and running. It allowed me to play at about 55%. Crisis averted. Toys put back in pram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

I actually am! I have 0 friends, which is depressing!
    I'm a complete newbie so I'm likely to get shot to shi..
    MickHal1 is the gamertag
    Please add

Added ya!
    I was a noobie 2 weeks ago and I'm still mediocre!

Advertisement