Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 1020 won't connect to Eircom WIFI router?

• 26-12-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Have a 1020 and attempting to connect to a WPA2-Personal (using AES) secured Eircom WIFI. Router is the standard Netopia model.

Have entered the password too many times to be a fat-finger error and tried 2 different routers but no joy. Is this a known issue of do I have a broken phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I presume you can connect the 1020 to other routers ok?

It is likely just be be a setting/security or channel issue. I have used my 1020 with eircoms zyxel routers fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

Had a similar problem with the Nokia 520. Changed the wireless networking protocol from 82011g/n to just 80211g. Connected no problem.
    You can access the router by typing in 192.168.1.254. password is broadband1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

OK - job done - setting the router to 8011g only (not b+g) did the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

Merrion wrote: »

Great it solved your problem too. Took me a while, was a real head wrecker changing this then that, then other problems before i figured it out. Feckin new phones, wish they'd come with solutions to problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Merrion wrote: »

Did the trick for me too - had an 820 and 520 that wouldn't connect to the Eircom router, but a 920 and 720 worked fine. Strange.

Anyway, changing from b+g to g only worked. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Guys, did a forum search, and found this

thanks

my Samsung also would not connect to Eircom Router, at work, but connected at home

Anyway, I have no idea what changing from b&G to g only, means, but it worked
    cheers

Advertisement