Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which computer is better?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

The first one has a better processor and that's the one I'd go for.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

raxy wrote: »
    some online gaming.

Can mean a whole range of things, from flash games, to FPS, to MMOs.

Any examples of specific games you play, or intend to play?

neither of them seem to provide too much details of what's included as a graphics card, or even the onboard graphics for the motherboard.

I doubt you'd be able to do too much gaming wise at all. Unless you look into getting a graphics card yourself to add onto one.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭raxy

Games would be the likes of evony or stormfall age of war. Not really into fps. Play some on the playstation but not on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Epi

It bothers me that there are nearly no specifications regarding the Graphics Card (or am I blind)...but I would stick with the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Seriously seriously build one, or get someone to build one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Epi wrote: »
    It bothers me that there are nearly no specifications regarding the Graphics Card (or am I blind)...but I would stick with the first one.

no mention so it's assumed it on-board intel graphics, fine for the basics
    fionny wrote: »
    Seriously seriously build one, or get someone to build one...

I would strongly agree but some people just aren't in the position to do so.

By the way is it just my laptop resolution or do those web pages render terribly for any one else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

theteal wrote: »
    By the way is it just my laptop resolution or do those web pages render terribly for any one else?

The links seem to open a mobile phone optimised version of the pages.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

theteal wrote: »
    no mention so it's assumed it on-board intel graphics, fine for the basics

I would strongly agree but some people just aren't in the position to do so.

They are links from mobile pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

I would like to prefer HP Pavilion 500-119ea Desktop PC.

Regards:
    Jane

Advertisement