Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did your Christmas go?

Options
  • 26-12-2013 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I went down to Relatives for Christmas, and found when we arrived that there was no Electricity. We arrived on Christmas eve.
    Christmas eve(ning) a few of us went to the local Shopping centre and bought some bits and pieces.
    That night we played board games, talked, walked, and told old stories. Then slept.
    On Christmas day, it was brilliant. Kids running around, fire lighting, and we even roasted chestnuts (On the open fire!!! :D)

I had a few things i needed to do on a PC, but once I acknowledged I couldn't, I was able to relax.
    It was the most 'Christmassy' Christmas I can remember for a long long long time.
    Our relatives kept apologising for the lack electricity, and the cold.

The truth of the matter (Which we kept telling them) is that we loved it. It wasn't cold, and we had gas cooking. I can still smell the place :).

We left today at 12 and drove home, when we arrived (About 30 -40 minutes ago), we received a text saying the electricity was back. It didn't bother me at all. If I could fix it so that the same thing would happen next year, I would in a heartbeat.

I'm kind of missing it already, I'd love to go back :). If anyone had told me before we left, that we were spending the two days in a house without electricity (TV or Internet :eek:), I may not have gone.

If anyone gets the chance next year, gather as many relatives as possible, bring them somewhere without electricity, and Just candle light and Fire. Best Christmas Ever.. :D:D

(P.S. Sorry about the prefix. I wasn't sure where to post this at all, I'm not used to the Christmas forum.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭NedLowry

As Chairman Mao said of the French Revolution "Too early to say".

It came, it went and I will be glad when the tree and decorations are back in the attic.

Advertisement