Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyangen-mod on Galaxy S3

• 26-12-2013 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

So I've took the big leap today and installed Cyanogen-mod on my Galaxy S3 and everything id groovy except for when I try to transfer files from my windows 7 pc to the phone, I can't seem to see the phone on my computer, when I go into devices and computers it shows that its connected but I can't access it to transfer files, any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Have you enabled USB mode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Yup
    Search for "ClockworkMod Universal Drivers" and download them. Remember to uninstall the drivers currently installed before using these new ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

advertsfox wrote: »
    Search for "ClockworkMod Universal Drivers" and download them. Remember to uninstall the drivers currently installed before using these new ones.

I never downloaded them and my computer (xp) found my s3 no problem???

I never downloaded them and my computer (xp) found my s3 no problem???
    Samsung TouchWiz and CyanogenMod will appear and behave a little differently with preinstalled drivers in Windows.

Also, the CWM drivers are a failsafe because they work across all versions of Windows (e.g 32-Bit vs 64-Bit) so worth using them in the OP's case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Hey gonna hop on this thread rather than start a new one. I have installed the drivers and tried using the cyanogenmod installer to install it on the phone. When I go to install it though the green droid flashes on the screen of my phone but nothing happens and the installer says it couldn't talk to the phone. I've noticed on YouTube videos in the top left corner you can see code scrolling through the phone when it should be installing. This doesn't happen on mine. Any ideas on how I can get around this?

Running a Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 running 4.1.2.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Hey gonna hop on this thread rather than start a new one. I have installed the drivers and tried using the cyanogenmod installer to install it on the phone. When I go to install it though the green droid flashes on the screen of my phone but nothing happens and the installer says it couldn't talk to the phone. I've noticed on YouTube videos in the top left corner you can see code scrolling through the phone when it should be installing. This doesn't happen on mine. Any ideas on how I can get around this?

Running a Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 running 4.1.2.
    You also need the drivers I postef, when in Download Mode check your Device Manager for Unknown or not installed drivers.

You also need the drivers I postef, when in Download Mode check your Device Manager for Unknown or not installed drivers.

I got the drivers still no luck. Checked the device manager and it recognises it as a "SAMSUNG Mobile USB CDC Composite Device".

I got the drivers still no luck. Checked the device manager and it recognises it as a "SAMSUNG Mobile USB CDC Composite Device".
    Right uninstall that and tick the option to remove the drivers, then disconnect / reconnect the phone.

Right uninstall that and tick the option to remove the drivers, then disconnect / reconnect the phone.

Still didn't do the trick. It's now under portable devices as GT-I9300.

• Advertisement

Still didn't do the trick. It's now under portable devices as GT-I9300.
    Good now restart the CMUpdater process, it will be quick since the files are already downloaded.

Good now restart the CMUpdater process, it will be quick since the files are already downloaded.

Tried to a good few times. Still fails at the same point. It's like nothing is going across to the phone. Anti virus software is all switched off and everything.

Advertisement