Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chinese Honda clones, will they do the job?

• 26-12-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭

I was given a free powerwasher with a cooked engine, everything else is fine. I was thinking of sticking on one of those 6.5hp Loncin or Lifan honda clone engines. Are these any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

I was given a free powerwasher with a cooked engine, everything else is fine. I was thinking of sticking on one of those 6.5hp Loncin or Lifan honda clone engines. Are these any good?
    They're ok if you baby them and change for good oil/starter but you can buy a ready built complete one for €160 so is it worth it? There's one out in the shed...adequate is about the best I'd say about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Is the washer end a good brand....if not I wouldn't bother with the engine TBH
    and if its a good brand,they surly its worth getting a new Honda engine for.
    What is goosed on the Honda engine,they usually are reasonabily repairable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Is the washer end a good brand....if not I wouldn't bother with the engine TBH
    and if its a good brand,they surly its worth getting a new Honda engine for.
    What is goosed on the Honda engine,they usually are reasonabily repairable

The person that had it is very careless with stuff, never bothered to change the oil since he bought it. Even a Honda will pack it in after that kind of abuse. I am not sure about the brand, but I would say it is a good one. Don't really want to spend big bucks on a Honda engine.. It wouldn't be getting very heavy use.

Take down the serial number and get a quote off Honda at least

Also maybe if he was v.careless it would be no harm to check pump for oil....or dismantle it and chek for wear/filings in the oil....no point buying any engine if pump is nearly toast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Those honda engines are basically indestructable, if its siezed, pop off the head and try free it with a hammer & block of timber. Give it a nice little clean up & service while you're at it and see how it goes. If a bearing is toast its fairly easy to replace them anyway, and cheap!

• Advertisement

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Those honda engines are basically indestructable, if its siezed, pop off the head and try free it with a hammer & block of timber. Give it a nice little clean up & service while you're at it and see how it goes. If a bearing is toast its fairly easy to replace them anyway, and cheap!

Have seen con-rods break on them while running and crack crankcase which can cause oil pressure drop when repaired (that being said I have put 2nd hand con-rod & pistons into these engines with suprising success):cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Lifan and loncin just don't compare to Honda where quality is concerned. Both are much softer units in comparison.

http://www.donedeal.ie/tools-for-sale/5-5hp-engine-for-sale/6125588

measure your shaft....it could get u outta bother and good value imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭9935452

http://www.donedeal.ie/tools-for-sale/5-5hp-engine-for-sale/6125588

measure your shaft....it could get u outta bother and good value imo

The shafts are generally 19mm or 20mm , straight or tapered.

Kilcornan karting track in limerick changes its engines regularly. i got 3 5.5hp hondas for 250 a few years back, no issues with any of them.
    I thought they would be cooked but are in very good condition
    I bought a span new powerwasher 6.5hp engine cheap. it overheats from new. i am considering putting in a 5.5hp honda into it and see how it gets on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

9935452 wrote: »
    The shafts are generally 19mm or 20mm , straight or tapered.

Kilcornan karting track in limerick changes its engines regularly. i got 3 5.5hp hondas for 250 a few years back, no issues with any of them.
    I thought they would be cooked but are in very good condition
    I bought a span new powerwasher 6.5hp engine cheap. it overheats from new. i am considering putting in a 5.5hp honda into it and see how it gets on.
    Did you put in good quality oil? The stock stuff they use is muck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭himwdah

what do u mean cooked, no compression or no spark or seized

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭9935452

Did you put in good quality oil? The stock stuff they use is muck.

What ever was in it to be honest. Ill change the oil and see how she gets on. Thanks for the advice

Advertisement