Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Dualshock controller left thumbstick wear

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

iamtony wrote: »
    I clicked on that link and didn't read anything and seen this one click order button, I don't use Amazon much, and then a screen popped up saying your order is on its way! Will they just post them now??

I don't use 1-click ordering, but yeah should be posted out within a day or so I'd imagine. Unless you didn't actually mean to order it? In which case you should still have time to cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Benzino wrote: »
    I don't use 1-click ordering, but yeah should be posted out within a day or so I'd imagine. Unless you didn't actually mean to order it? In which case you should still have time to cancel it.

I didn't really' the email said it will now cost €12ish. I hope they will fix my out of warranty controller that's already warn!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

iamtony wrote: »
    I didn't really' the email said it will now cost €12ish. I hope they will fix my out of warranty controller that's already warn!

Probably picked the fastest delivery option. I'm sure you could still cancel it or change delivery type.

Let us know how you get on regarding Sony, I didn't get much luck but hopefully you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

i bought my PS4 in Sept last year so I decided to bring the controller back to Argos yesterday as the R1 button sticking has gotten worse.

Brand new controller no questions asked as it was within the year.

Thank **** for that as I didn't fancy paying out €65!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

i bought my PS4 in Sept last year so I decided to bring the controller back to Argos yesterday as the R1 button sticking has gotten worse.

Can they check the serial number of the controller?

Edit: The reason I am asking is that I have 3 controllers (2 bought from Argos and 1 from gamestop) only 1 controller has issues but I don't know from where I bought from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

alwald wrote: »
    Can they check the serial number of the controller?

Edit: The reason I am asking is that I have 3 controllers (2 bought from Argos and 1 from gamestop) only 1 controller has issues but I don't know from where I bought from.

I don't know tbh.

The lady who took it from me originally thought it was outside a year but then realised it was within a year and went and got me a new controller.

If I were you I'd chance it. What's the worst that can happen?

They tell you it's the wrong serial number and you say **** must have brought the wrong one sorry about that.

No harm done I'd say.

Im delighted with the new controller I must say although that said these parts should not be breaking so quickly.

Thumbstick wear, shoulder buttons sticking...

They don't make them like they used to. I have older console controllers still perfect 10+ years on and then some.

My Namco arcade stick was made in 1996 and is still near mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

My thumbstick has just started to wear.

Got it in Argos last Christmas.

They just replaced it for you on the spot did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Advertisement