Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Dualshock controller left thumbstick wear

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

gamercfc wrote: »
    12309252113_e60f6e020d_c.jpg

I got these off of eBay for €2.40. Hard to comfort with the first while using them but now I couldn't imagine using my controller without them. And they're specially made to fit onto a PS4 controller thumbstick.

Have the same, at first didnt like them but just got used to them

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Anyone return them to SmartSpot yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My left thumbstick is starting to wear now as well, bit of rubber coming off. Shoddy Sony.....Shoddy Shoddy Ted! Might pick up those caps off EBAY if it gets worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I don't really see the point of returning them at the moment, surely the same thing will just happen again with the replacement. You're better of waiting a few months, maybe in the summer before looking for a replacement when we get a new batch with the problem rectified.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 minimufc

Just replaced mine in Gamestop Douglas. No problem at all. They couldn't of been more helpful. Sony wanted me to post it to Watford at my own cost. Poor customer service to say the least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Ash_

Ash_ wrote: »
    My controller started to show wear and tear last week. :( I first emailed Sony Ireland, I was told to ring this 0818 365065 number. The person took my details and gave a reference number and said to send the controller to an UK address (Watford) along with the reference number. I was hoping for a quicker solution ... :(
    I brought my controller to Argos before posting to Sony and they replaced it. Poor customer service from Sony asking customers to post at their own expense. Going to order one of those caps from eBay now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 locky_

locky_ wrote: »
    Have my PS4 since Christmas, just noticed the other night the left thumbstick starting to wear after only a few hours of gameplay. Sent a tweet with picture to Sony Playstation IE yesterday, they responded with " we'd recommend you bring this back to the store where you bought it and they should be able to help you out". Going to call in to GameStop this week and see what the story is.

Yes thumbstick covers are an option but after paying €400 for the PS4 you don't expect the the controller to wear like this. I have the ps3 controller for years and with issues!

At the end of the day the product is of substandard quality.
    http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vscd1tzz3csepr3/2014-01-02%2021.04.36.jpg

Brought my receipt into GameStop today and they gave me an new controller :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

These are the covers I got.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/5-Pairs-Black-Joystick-Thumbstick-Caps-PS3-PS4-Xbox-360-Game-Controller-Hot-/111237786679?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item19e649ec37

They feel sweet and fit nice and snugg,even on the DS3 .They do not really add more height ,just make the thumbstick feel more substantial,

I'm gonna get more .For €1.87 for 5 pairs you can't go wrong.

ps, They took 2.5 weeks to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Tweeted @ smartspot to see what the craic is. they told me to bring it in with my receipt and they'll sort me out. Gonna head in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Rang sony last night regarding the two controls i sent off, They recieved them wednesday sent me out 2 brand new ones thursday should have them monday :) happy enough with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/5-Pairs-Black-Joystick-Thumbstick-Caps-PS3-PS4-Xbox-360-Game-Controller-Hot-/111237786679?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item19e649ec37

They feel sweet and fit nice and snugg,even on the DS3 .They do not really add more height ,just make the thumbstick feel more substantial,

Any slippage on them while playing?

Any slippage on them while playing?

No. None that I've noticed. I cleaned the stick before I placed them on though.

They are really comortable.

I ordered another set straight after I fit them on their so nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ronster29

i know the stores have to replace the DS4 that came with the console, however the additional controller i bought they told me to contact sony......anyone have the additional DS4 replaced by the store they bought it from....?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

Ronster29 wrote: »
    i know the stores have to replace the DS4 that came with the console, however the additional controller i bought they told me to contact sony......anyone have the additional DS4 replaced by the store they bought it from....?

I bought mine from gamestop.co.uk they said they would change it and it was a common problem,

Their taking their time tho,sent it back two weeks ago and still didn't get the new one but emailed them and they said it was being processed

sugarman wrote: »
    Must get these, was that the seller you ordered them from in the link?

Yehh . The link I posted was where I bought them. Post took 2.5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

just ordered a set myself. They were too expensive elsewhere. Just a bit of a wait to get them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Got my 2 controls back off sony today 2 brand new ones waiting just over a week they now have e-bay covers on them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Yeah, I did. Had a brand new controller back in 3 working days.

When I called initially to complain about the fault, the Sony rep said to send it back to them for inspection. He was just about to give me the UK address but then asked me to hold the line, and checked with somone. He came back and said since I was in Ireland I should send it to Amiens St.
    Has anyone here sent their controllers back to Sony Ireland in Amiens st Dublin by any chance?

Having an Issue. Sent my controller to their UK po box address customer service gave me on Monday through DHL. DHL called yesterday to say they cant deliver it to a po box address and its stuck in transit in the UK unless I forward them another address or ask to have it returned to me. (Why they never informed me before I sent it i'll never know!)

So I emailed Sony about this, to see if they had an alternative address. They gave me the one in Dublin citing they SHOULD be able to help me.

Then why wasnt I asked send it there in the first place?:mad:

Not so sure if the guy knows what hes talking about, should I just have it returned to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Returned mine to gamestop the other day and once I had rang sony to get that reference number, they changed it no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anybody have luck with Argos? Mine is starting to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

i got reference code from sony , i was`nt willing to spend €6 registered post back to Amien street, D1 , so brought to gamestop with ref:code and receipt , they gave brand new replacement and he had 12 more to go back with similar symptons.

Bad on Sony`s part expecting customers to return a faulty item at own expense, for the console for instance they send an RMA prepaid stamp for parcel as its heavy item,it should be same for all items .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Emailed Sony, told me go back to the retailer.

Retailer cant do anything as they dont normally sell consoles/games.

Emailed them again, told me to call their support within their hours for further help.

Will report back when I hear from them.

What a load of bollox, less than 40hrs of play from launch and im down to the plastic! Controller is ruined too from the greasey rubbery residue being spread onto the dpad, ps home and touchpad buttons:mad:

They either repair, replace or refund regardless if they normally sell games or not.

The biggest issue with this is it maybe have came bundled with the console. Technically you need to return the entire thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

would you not just get some FPS freaks they feel better and wont wear away and act like a cover for them http://www.kontrolfreek.com/fps/fps-freek-havoc.html

Just wanted to come back and say I took your advice and bought a pair. Fit perfect and are more comfortable and durable than what Sony use. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

How are Harvey norman with this issue?

left stick is in a bad way now! when i called they mentioned bringing the whole thing in, i told them that is easier said than done, if i have to return whole console, am i entitled to a full refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Has anyone returned one to Xtra-Vision? Mine is torn down to the plastic and rang them about it today and was told that the manager isn't available until tomorrow and I'll have to ask her about it.

I bought those plastic grips from EBay at €2 and they have done a great job. The only thing is the L1 L2 buttons are sticking. I tried cleaning them but I think they could have been made better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I bought those plastic grips from EBay at €2 and they have done a great job. The only thing is the L1 L2 buttons are sticking. I tried cleaning them but I think they could have been made better.

same here....the L1 is sticky as hell....very annoying :rolleyes:
    i am gonna wait until i hear reports of a revision before buying a new one.

jenjenten wrote: »
    same here....the L1 is sticky as hell....very annoying :rolleyes:
    i am gonna wait until i hear reports of a revision before buying a new one.

Are they making a DS4 revision ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Just noticed this problem on the left thumbstick myself. The console was purchased in Smyths so I assume they will replace it. Pretty bad form and questionable build quality from Sony, for this problem to pop up so soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Just noticed this problem on the left thumbstick myself. The console was purchased in Smyths so I assume they will replace it. Pretty bad form and questionable build quality from Sony, for this problem to pop up so soon.

Only a problem for some, to paint it as a problem everyone has is bad form imo,
    Return it to where you purchased it im sure it will be replaced, also in the whole of this thread how many people have had the problem?

Advertisement