Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Dualshock controller left thumbstick wear

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

First world problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

winston82 wrote: »
    First world problems.

Strange comment.

When you pay €400 for a next gen bit of hardware you would expect that the main accessory would have been properly tested before launch.

It's very poor from Sony imo and I think they would save face a lot if they just issued a recall instead of some people sending them back and others protecting the sticks with cheap bits of rubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It really should be a recall at this stage. Show your receipt and get a new pad.

That's what I did today. Brought my pad with torn left stick in with my receipt and got a replacement under warranty. I doubt the pads with the new compound will wear as quickly as the rubber is quite a bit harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah man I have my replacement joypad a week and there is a squeeking noise coming from the L2 button. Hope that's not a sign the spring is going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah man I have my replacement joypad a week and there is a squeeking noise coming from the L2 button. Hope that's not a sign the spring is going

I had that problem too. I used some graphite (pencil lead) to dry lublicate all of the trigger buttons. You can also use WD40 but it could be a bit messy.
    Vids on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks man will check that out.

I think I may have to get that blue pad replaced. Started using it yesterday after posting the photos and the right analog stick intermittently starts drifting all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Starting to happen to mine if it gets any worse will have to bring it back

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

After having the left stick go on three Dual Shocks so far I changed my sticks on both of my controllers to xbox one sticks a month ago (pics here) & I thought I'd give an update on how they are going. I find them so much better than the standard ones, my thumb doesn't slip off like it used on the old ones and I find the slightly longer sticks seem to suit me for Destiny. It was a very easy job as there are lots of tutorials online showing how to do it, just be careful of the ribbon and the springs on the triggers when reassembling, also make sure the rubber membrane for the triggers is properly in place or they won't work (I had to take mine apart again to reseat the membrane). I got 4 (of these) thumbsticks for around €10 delivered and they fitted like a perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Bought mine in December in GameStop.
    Reading this thread at the time I was thinking mines grand won't happen to me.
    Played Fifa and PES demos for last few days and now bits are coning off!

Will they swap for a new one with a receipt? Would you get to pick a different colour too?

• Advertisement

Keith186 wrote: »
    Bought mine in December in GameStop.
    Reading this thread at the time I was thinking mines grand won't happen to me.
    Played Fifa and PES demos for last few days and now bits are coning off!

Will they swap for a new one with a receipt? Would you get to pick a different colour too?

I handed in a black pad and got a white one back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I handed in a black pad and got a white one back.

I think the white pad looks cooler anyway. It's only started wearing down, not sure if they'll say it's not damaged enough just yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dammit, the rubber split on my controller a few days ago :(
    Rang gamestop and they will swap it straight out so that isnt too bad. Have tonnes of PS3 games to trade in aswell so I might get Diablo 3 or Shadow of Mordor with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I got a replacement controller from Sony today. For everyone who got a replacement from Sony. Did anyone's controller triggers feel weird?

This might be all in my head, but my new controller feels like it takes more pressure/stiffer to pull the right trigger compare to left. It's definitely noticeable compared to my launch controller.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got a Brand new controller today from Gamestop :D

If anyone has a few of those grips lying about that they could pass on I would be forever grateful. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

do we just go in or does it have to be with a receipt or from the place you bought it from ?

do we just go in or does it have to be with a receipt or from the place you bought it from ?

I went back to where I bought it from with the receipt and was done and dusted within 2 minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I went back to where I bought it from with the receipt and was done and dusted within 2 minutes :)

Lucky you. I went into my local Gamestop to get my controller replaced but they had nothing to give me and I've been checking out Gamestop, Xtravision and Asda online and none of them seem to have the DS4 in stock. to buy either.

Lucky you. I went into my local Gamestop to get my controller replaced but they had nothing to give me and I've been checking out Gamestop, Xtravision and Asda online and none of them seem to have the DS4 in stock. to buy either.

Gamestop in longford have loads left if that's any use to you.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Gamestop in longford have loads left if that's any use to you.

I dont think so. I believe I have to get it relaced in the store I bought it but I'm open to correction on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Does anyone here know is it possible to put the old DS3 analog sticks into the DS4. I know I'm in the minority but i prefer the old analog sticks

I dont think so. I believe I have to get it relaced in the store I bought it but I'm open to correction on that.

As long as you have a GameStop receipt they will replace it in any store.

Okay so thats good to know. Don't think its worth my while just to head over for a controller but at least I know if I'm over there they will change it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

That's not true. I rang my gamestop and they just said to ring sony. I did that and they emailed me with the details. You give it to a courier and he takes it away for you. 10 months after I got mine it began to tear. Hopefully it was only an issue with the launch editions.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    That's not true. I rang my gamestop and they just said to ring sony. I did that and they emailed me with the details. You give it to a courier and he takes it away for you. 10 months after I got mine it began to tear. Hopefully it was only an issue with the launch editions.

Well I have been in with the guys in Gamestop and they have no problem giving me a replacement, it's just that they didnt have any controllers in stock to give me.

Got my replacement today no hassle. The chap in the shop seemed surprised how little use the controller had got. He assumed I was on it most nights.
    The thumbsticks are going to get a good breaking in now as I'm trying to get the social lubricant trophy in Watchdogs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I couldn't find the receipt for the blue one I bought in February for my son. Took a chance and called Sony, saying GS had no replacements available. Sony said it was way they were doing it now anyway, took my details, asked me to box up the old one and got DPD to collect today. Should have the new one in 10 day apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

whiterebel wrote: »
    I couldn't find the receipt for the blue one I bought in February for my son. Took a chance and called Sony, saying GS had no replacements available. Sony said it was way they were doing it now anyway, took my details, asked me to box up the old one and got DPD to collect today. Should have the new one in 10 day apparently.

Can I still go into XtraVision and get a replacement straight away or does everyone have to ring Sony now to sort it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I have 2 with bad wear, and minimal usage.

I'm the type to lose receipts, if I contact Sony will they replace these?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads I've replaced my brothers ds4 twice and they keep getting worn, do any of you know if they plan to fix the problem permanently?

Advertisement