Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Dualshock controller left thumbstick wear

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have 2 with bad wear, and minimal usage.

I'm the type to lose receipts, if I contact Sony will they replace these?

Yeah they should. When i rang they never asked where or when i got it, they just wanted the serial number from the ps4 and also the one on the back of the ds4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads I've replaced my brothers ds4 twice and they keep getting worn, do any of you know if they plan to fix the problem permanently?

I got a white DS4 recently and I noticed the rubber on the sticks feels alot harder than the launch DS4, they fell like DS3 sticks that I hate. My launch controller is still perfect but I find my thumbs slip off the new sticks all the time as they are not as "sticky" as the softer rubber on the old controller.

I have had to get stock cover for the new controller to keep my thumbs from slipping off all the time. I have yet to wear a controller down or see any sign of wear in my 2 launch soft rubber DS4s though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

I got a white DS4 recently and I noticed the rubber on the sticks feels alot harder than the launch DS4, they fell like DS3 sticks that I hate. My launch controller is still perfect but I find my thumbs slip off the new sticks all the time as they are not as "sticky" as the softer rubber on the old controller.

I have had to get stock cover for the new controller to keep my thumbs from slipping off all the time. I have yet to wear a controller down or see any sign of wear in my 2 launch soft rubber DS4s though.

Thanks for the reply.

From what I read Fifa seems to be the killer when it comes to the thumbsticks. Makes sense because my brothers play it religiously.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

I got a white DS4 recently and I noticed the rubber on the sticks feels alot harder than the launch DS4, they fell like DS3 sticks that I hate.

I totally agree with you there. Even my G/F noticed the difference in the two controllers. Feels more solid than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Im on my 3rd pair of DS4s just keep bringing them back when they wear out. Current set does appear to have better rubber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Either their support team is tiny or there's a load of muppets with silly problems clogging their lines, been on hold half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

40 minutes on hold to sony followed by 2 calls to DPD :mad:

First call to DPD was an absolute joke, Dude sounded like it was his first day and had zero training :mad:

Me: "I'd like to arrange a pick up"
    DPD: You mean a collection?"
    Me: yes
    Puts me on hold
    DPD: Can I have your name and adress?
    Puts me on hold
    Me "what size does the label need to be?"
    Puts me on hold
    DPD: "any size will do"
    Me: "ok then"
    DPD talking to someone beside him: "He's gone to print off the label, should I hang up on him?"
    He hangs up :mad:
    I had the label on the screen in front of me! morons!

HAHA DPD were grand with me, your man knew the score, quick call and quick collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

They were grand with me too but i did spend 20mins on hold. just put it on loud speaker and do something else. Just don't get caught on the sh1tter like i did. God that was awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone got the sony contact number in handy that can sort out the wear issues?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Just bought a ps4, should I get thumbstick protectors? Or are they they any good?

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Just bought a ps4, should I get thumbstick protectors? Or are they they any good?

I got them 1 euro for a pack of 5 off eBay. They are good but the originals are much more comfortable imo. Worth the euro just to see if you find them comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

I brought mine into smiths yesterday and they said sony has stopped supplying replacements fot this issue, I called the manager and he said that he would ring sony on monday and get back to me. Have anyone got a replacement from smyths recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Irishder wrote: »
    I brought mine into smiths yesterday and they said sony has stopped supplying replacements fot this issue, I called the manager and he said that he would ring sony on monday and get back to me. Have anyone got a replacement from smyths recently?

just ring sony. they will give you details for a courier. you should do it now incase they only cover for the first year

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    just ring sony. they will give you details for a courier. you should do it now incase they only cover for the first year

Thanks for the reply, tried ringing them yesterday but gave up after45mins on hold!

Just to let you all know Smyths have replaced both of my controllers free of charge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

My controller is starting to wear away now after almost a year. My warranty is up on Saturday. Nov 29th. The Gamestop I bought it in has closed down now. Is there anyway Sony would replace it even though I bought it from gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

Deedsie wrote: »
    My controller is starting to wear away now after almost a year. My warranty is up on Saturday. Nov 29th. The Gamestop I bought it in has closed down now. Is there anyway Sony would replace it even though I bought it from gamestop?

If you take it to another GameStop store they will replace it for you once you have the receipt. Thats what I done anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Deedsie wrote: »
    Is there anyway Sony would replace it even though I bought it from gamestop?

Yes they would have to as it's only a year old, EU consumer rights is 2 years on electrical goods. That rule made MS crap themselves with the 360 RROD and they offered 3 year as a good will gesture in light of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kevdub23

I have the same issue with mine.. sony would not replace it for me.. had to buy a new one!!

• Advertisement

Filled out the form online and its been 2 working days and still hasn't been picked up..

Filled out the form online and its been 2 working days and still hasn't been picked up..

Did you ring the courier? I had to ring them to arrange the collection, they were out the next day.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Did you ring the courier? I had to ring them to arrange the collection, they were out the next day.

Apparently something arrived today hoping it says on the label what to do and to ring the courier as my dad is sorting it out as I have college.. Wish they would have allowed to exchange black controller for white controller as I have a white ps4 but ohh well

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yes they would have to as it's only a year old, EU consumer rights is 2 years on electrical goods. That rule made MS crap themselves with thde 360 RROD and they offered 3 year as a good will gesture in light of that.

Not in Ireland. 2 years was never implemented as SoGA 1980 provides better protection according the Govt. Means you have to go through Small Claims Court, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Rang the courier and they told them me to drop it out to them.Went to the them and it cost me 25 for 2 A4 envelope.

Rang the courier and they told them me to drop it out to them.Went to the them and it cost me 25 for 2 A4 envelope.

I hope you mean 25 cent :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

any of you lads using the chrome thing to use a different controller than the dualshock 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

This is something I've kept an eye on since it started last year. Does anyone know if it was just a bad batch of thumbtack or is it all of them? I bought the killzone mega bundle at launch and I have no wear on either of my controllers and it's not like they haven't seen much of use. Also I wonder if how you hold the controller has much bearing on how it wears?
    It's clearly an issue but it just puzzles me how I haven't been affected when so many have.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

This is something I've kept an eye on since it started last year. Does anyone know if it was just a bad batch of thumbtack or is it all of them? I bought the killzone mega bundle at launch and I have no wear on either of my controllers and it's not like they haven't seen much of use. Also I wonder if how you hold the controller has much bearing on how it wears?
    It's clearly an issue but it just puzzles me how I haven't been affected when so many have.

It's definitely the games you play, that has a huge factor. I play fifa and cod and the controller gets worn down. If I'm playing assassins Creed, TLOU etc the thumbstick on my other controller is in better shape. Also I've noticed that it gets torn if anyone has long nails digging into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Bought the White controller from GameStop few months ago. Left stick is very badly worn. Not going to bother with the hassle of dealing with them or Sony. Picked up the thumb grips from Argos. It's definitely as a result of FIFA.

Advertisement