Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name tattoo

Options
  • 27-12-2013 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone, I'm just wondering what people's experiences are with laser tattoo removal. I got my boyfriend's name tattooed on my wrist and we broke up, so far I have had 10 laser sessions and it's barely faded... I've gone to 3 different clinics and none are working. Has anyone here completely removed a tattoo by laser and how many sessions did it take? I'm beginning to think a cover up is the only option..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

I've never seen a convincing job of laser removal. Only when it's used to fade a tattoo BEFORE a cover up. It'll never make the tattoo disappear enough to look like it was never there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Isn't there another method, where they cut the tattoo away and pull your skin together and stitch it back?
    Could be an option if you don't mind a scar, beats having the exes name there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

SV wrote: »
    Isn't there another method, where they cut the tattoo away and pull your skin together and stitch it back?
    Could be an option if you don't mind a scar, beats having the exes name there though.

I think the location might be a prob. Who wants a scar on their wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

topcatcbr wrote: »
    I think the location might be a prob. Who wants a scar on their wrist.

who wants anyones name on them is a better question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

I agree it is not something I'd like myself. But I think I'd like it less if there was a scar that made people think I attempted suicide when I hadn't. I think a cover up is a safer solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Always wondered why people get bf or gf names. I've my daughter name on me and il get future kids names but still won't get herself name tattoo on me.
    Where you livin op. My mate got one done years ago in swords and can barely notice it now. Same kinda thing as yourself op

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ive my wifes name on me.

Kind of a spur of the moment thing.

If we ever split up Ill just go looking for someone with the EXACT same name.There problem solved!!!

There you go op.Just find a new boyfriend with the same name.

Ever think of a coverup?
    A name on a wrist isn't going to be too big to cover up with another tattoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sarahwizard

I'm living in Clondalkin. Yeah I think I will have to get it covered, I didn't really want another tattoo though

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

what's wrong with getting your kids names done?!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

kormak wrote: »

If you've given your kids silly names, and they later decide to change them by deed poll. You end up with a silly name tattooed on for no reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

endacl wrote: »
    If you've given your kids silly names, and they later decide to change them by deed poll. You end up with a silly name tattooed on for no reason.
    Yeah, but you would have reared them under their so called "silly names" and those happy years would still be reflective on said tattoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

kormak wrote: »

I'm fairly sure he meant boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/partner's name.
    No point digging up a dead thread argumentatively though, thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement