Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something to do in Cork City for New Years

Options
  • 27-12-2013 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm heading away for New Year's Eve with the girlfriend, just wondering is there anything on in cork city that night and the next day worth doing that might not involve pubs/nightclubs etc. Anyone know of any firework display for instance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

CraicWas90 wrote: »
    I'm heading away for New Year's Eve with the girlfriend, just wondering is there anything on in cork city that night and the next day worth doing that might not involve pubs/nightclubs etc. Anyone know of any firework display for instance?
    Ive been to cork, killarney, dingle, new york and sydney for new years and by far my favourite place is dingle. Mighty craic. The boats head out into the harbour and shoot off fireworks which are choreographed to music. The local business chip in to pay and it really is a credit to them. The pubs are rocking and after the fireworks head down to the hillgrove nightclub to finish the night off.
    If you were planning to travel to cork id say go that little bit further and go
    onto dingle if you can find a b&b. You wont regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Dingle a little bit from Cork? It is quite a long way in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Ludo wrote: »

I head to Inch strand for surfing and its at least 2 hours no matter what time of the day+11 miles from inch strand to Dingle then I think,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Ludo wrote: »
    true but it all depends on where the op is coming from:), they were travelling to cork anyway and i.m.o. the extra distance to dingle is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

So......anything special happening in Cork City this new years eve?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Yea id like to know too. Any good electronic gigs/venues on for instance?
    Kinda sold o dingle from that other post though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,908 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Went to Dingle for New Years Eve for years and years...no where better.
    Savage craic, atmosphere, music, pubs etc but getting a B&B at this stage will prove difficult.

Advertisement