Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clothes for show jumping!

Options
  • 27-12-2013 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, I need a little help. I just turned 15 and my first show jumping competition is on in 3 weeks. I have done a lot of local shows wear there was no dress code. Im now freakin out as I do not know what I should wear... I have cream jodhpurs, tall black boots, a hat, gloves, black back protector, and im borrowing a show jacket off a friend. What im stuck on is the shirt and tie/stock. I have a white plain shirt, (a school shirt) will this do? I dont want to buy anything if I can avoid it but then what tie do I wear? Or do I wear a tie? Am I supposed to be using a stock? Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Hi there
    You are fine with what u have a white shirt of any make and any tie will do.
    U seem to have everything then.
    Stocks are more for hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 clodaskoda

Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

clodaskoda wrote: »
    Thank you so much!

No problem good luck !!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Ties are correct for show jumping. Ideally a white tie with a white shirt but many people use a tie of any colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Ties are correct for show jumping. Ideally a white tie with a white shirt but many people use a tie of any colour.

Although, maybe not a Christmas tie or the like :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭treccie

School shirt and tie will pass fine. You'll probably find there are people there who aren't as well turned out. My bug bear for turnout - make sure your hair is tidy.

Best of luck & hope you enjoy!

Hi all thanks so much fir the replies! Just thought I'd let ye know that I came 2nd in my 90cm course and 3rd in my derby, and I really looked the part thamks to ye!!!

Hi all thanks so much fir the replies! Just thought I'd let ye know that I came 2nd in my 90cm course and 3rd in my derby, and I really looked the part thamks to ye!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭treccie

Great result, well done!

Advertisement