Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did your pets get from Santa?

• 27-12-2013 3:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

I hope he was good to you all! :D

My dog was spoilt rotten as usual! He got a new collar, lead and coat and a squeaky Santa from us.

He also got a scarf, several new toys and a slipper bed from our neighbours. Oh - and as much turkey as he could manage!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I gave my dog a new football, it wont be long before he bursts it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

They got too many presents during the year so not so much..
    A new toy - rope thing for them to play together, some treats, dental sticks.
    For a secret santa I did with my friends I got presents for the dogs :) toys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

A new ladybird pillow/teddy, which she adores :) (and a bunch of treats)

20131225_122422_zpswld3nsbg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Casper got a new squeaky bone toy thingy, which he obliterated in less than 2 mins ! Que frantic search for the squeaky bit to make sure he didnt eat that too !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

Screenshot_2013-12-25-16-54-04_zpsb37e66d9.png

Lucy got a new bed,a jumbone & a bottle of dog beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Mr. Nice

Winston got a harness, brilliant piece of kit. If I attach it to the chest ring he doesn't pull at all.
    And this evening I got him a squeaky toy, he's too fond of the kids' stuff. He's already given it a good chew but has to keep it outside because he gets too excited and jumps all over the place with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭knarkypants

We got our lad a squeaky rat from us and Santa brought treats and a massive rawhide bone. He's still chewing away on it.

Gave him the leftover turkey and now we are slowly being poisoned to death by the rank farts he's letting off. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Mine get one toy in their stocking and that's pretty much all they get for the rest of the year! Disadvantage of being in a large canine family :)
    Mind you if you believed Little Dude he'd convince you all he got was a squeaker. Typical terrier, destroyed the toy in about 2 mins flat to kill the squeak.

1468765_10202701392396462_44375563_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Kofi got a tennis ball in a "Christmas Box", the ball died 15 minutes later. I have never seen a ball last such a short life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Typical terrier, destroyed the toy in about 2 mins flat to kill the squeak.

1468765_10202701392396462_44375563_n.jpg
    Found that my Holly (Westie) used to love the gardening gloves. Get a decent durable pair, and they'll last a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Young dog got a stuffed toy of that squirrel thing from Pixar that chases the acorn. Its now a rag. He also got a squeaker thing that he removed the squeaker from in minutes (Thank god!) and the rest had to be dumped cos he was EATING it!!!

Hens got major yummy non-hen treats.

Horse is turning orange from too many (cheap!) carrots - and silver mints too

Our old dog got a new lease of life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thought we were going to have to put him to sleep on Christmas Eve - hes just had his lunch and is now up on the window sill roaring to get out to savage whatever it is outside thats got them barking :) Best Christmas present ever!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

aonb wrote: »
    Young dog got a stuffed toy of that squirrel thing from Pixar that chases the acorn. Its now a rag. He also got a squeaker thing that he removed the squeaker from in minutes (Thank god!) and the rest had to be dumped cos he was EATING it!!!

Hens got major yummy non-hen treats.

Horse is turning orange from too many (cheap!) carrots - and silver mints too

Our old dog got a new lease of life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thought we were going to have to put him to sleep on Christmas Eve - hes just had his lunch and is now up on the window sill roaring to get out to savage whatever it is outside thats got them barking :) Best Christmas present ever!!!

That's brill news Aonb!

Our three got so many treats they've been rationed...our two youngun's got squeaky chicken, squeaky pig and a pair of squeaky shoes - which have been hidden around the house by me because the noise was doing my head in. Older guy surprised me too - he has arthritis and hip dysplasia and with new meds he managed a full unassisted walk around the feilds - and found a fresher way to release those turkey trumps!

And in turn the other two are giving me the present of lovely energetic walks to.help me lose my christmas tum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

A new draft excluder to replace the one she's worn out after a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Sookie got a massive ape.
    She loves it so much she's taking it to bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

A new ladybird pillow/teddy, which she adores :) (and a bunch of treats)

20131225_122422_zpswld3nsbg.jpg
    Is that one of the Pillow Pal toys? If so we bought one for my husband's niece's son last year for his birthday:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Oh dear I was feeling guilty before I read this thread and now the guilt has trebled. My lot got to spend four nights in kennels as we were away and no pressies....

off now to hang head in shame.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Inexile wrote: »
    Oh dear I was feeling guilty before I read this thread and now the guilt has trebled. My lot got to spend four nights in kennels as we were away and no pressies....

Bad Parent!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

You're not alone...!! We didn't even have the excuse of being away....

Toys are a waste of money they are destroyed in about 30 mins
    Treats are a bit pointless because they get good food plus they got turkey and they get different treats a few times a week (raw eggs, natural yog etc), they don't need a new bed they have 2 luxurious ones and they sleep on the sofa anyways and they don't need new collars or leads, plus we don't have a huge amount of money at the moment. I always think every day is like Christmas for our 2 anyways! I still feel guilty tho.....:(

Not sure if my dogs would say Bad Parent or Bah Humbug :)

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    You're not alone...!! We didn't even have the excuse of being away....

At least you were with them. Not only did my own dogs go to kennels but so did the fosters. Mind you they were spoilt rotten there and fed all sorts of nice things and at two of them slept in the kitchen in front of the stove!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Me too. I spent Christmas with relatives who are not into animals so i had to leave my maltese with a friend. And it was his birthday on Christmas day. will buy him something special in the next few days though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Is that one of the Pillow Pal toys? If so we bought one for my husband's niece's son last year for his birthday:D

Indeed it is :D As soon as I saw it I knew she'd love it. All she wants is soft flat pillow things to hump ( :rolleyes: ) and rest her head on! It's gone down a treat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I made up little destroy boxes for them, a handful of treats, a filled bone etc in a sealed cardboard box and let them go wild. Made one each for my parents two dogs too - their pointer opened the box, took one treat and brought it to bed. Their JRT is a SUPER polite dog, he has never wrecked anything in his life, so it took a bit of encouraging, but his face when he realised he was meant to tear open the box was so so cute. He was chuffed. Probably the cutest moment of my whole Christmas.

My boys also got a toy
    These egg-shaped critters may look soft, but they’re hard enough to stand up to the most aggressive chewers!
    it had a heavy duty rubber core. Wrecked in less than 5 mins. I won't be wasting my money again. Tennis balls, rope toys and boxes from now on I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

We were away for Christmas and so were animals, we got home Monday night and everyone furry got home yesterday.
    So yesterday was treats, cuddles on sofa and new toys, today is a big roast dinner for everyone.

Oliver got a new pheasant toy, he loves soft toys and carried the pheasant straight off to snuggle in my bed, Tiffi got a reindeer that she brings us to throw for her, but then runs off with it.
    Cats got kong kickeroos, catnip, and a fluffy dangler toy, Toby doesn't lower himself to chasing stuff that isn't alive, but rolls all over the kickeroos and they all love catnip.
    The rats got a new hammock, there's only two girls left now, we lost two right before Christmas. They still managed to destroy the hammock in a matter of hours though.

Advertisement