Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My study thingy '13/'14

• 27-12-2013 4:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭

Well, guess I'm gonna try one of these and map my progress!

I'd like to first start by saying how ridiculous it is when teachers pile on the homework for 2 weeks of winter holidays, expect us to do our own extra study and ironically wish us a happy Christmas and tell us to take plenty of time off!!

Subjects:
    English(H)
    Irish(H)
    Maths(H)
    French(H)
    Geography(H)
    Accounting(H)
    Physics(O) - automatically counting it out

What I've got to do before I return to school on the 6th:
    -4hrs worth of MacBeth work set out for us
    -2x Irish essays on the honours poetry
    -2x full sample papers for maths
    -3x Geography essay questions on physical geography, notably coastal erosion
    -3x Incomplete records for accounting grinds

Study I plan on doing:
    -Revising reval. a/c, dr/cr controls, suspense a/c and maybe one more
    -Writing out key points for regional geography and maybe physical geography
    -Print out some French grammar sheets to help improve my grammar, start my 'le document' for the Oral

Aim: Study BIS at UCC, achieve 480(?) points to guarantee it.

LC Goal:
    English - B2
    Irish - C2
    Maths - D2
    French - C1/B3
    Geography - A2
    Accounting - A1
    Total - 480/485

Good luck to any LCers reading this!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Got down to do a bit today:

-Finished an Irish essay on 'Spailpin Fanach'
    -Wrote up a physics experiment in my copy

Will hopefully do the other Irish essay tomorrow and attempt to do a full maths sample paper.

A bit tired today, so didn't do much + had work at 4PM.

-Finished the Irish Christmas work (thank god)

Tomorrow I've a day off so I aim to:
    -Do an incomplete record from grinds
    -Make a start on the 3 Geography essays
    -Hopefully start some sort of revision

Well, this didn't go according to plan.

Monday - Finished some accounting study, too tired to do anything else.

Thursday - Had a French oral in school. Wasn't too bad, just need to get my head wrapped around the tenses and to keep the conversation flowing.

Also attempted maths sample papers 2 and 3. Absolutely screwed for maths, can't seem to get what they're actually asking me to find...

Got Christmas results as well, weren't too bad:

English (H): B3
    Maths (H): D1
    Irish (H): C3
    French (H): C2
    Geography (H): D2 (I don't even know)
    Accounting (H): A1 :D:D
    Physics (O): C2

Total points: 430 (exactly what I need, still gotta bring it up to ~470 to guarantee a spot. Didn't really care about Christmas exams, so I done nothing for them really. Good result in the end!)

Gonna work on bringing Irish and French up to C1, keeping Accounting at an A1, English to a B1, Maths to a C3/2 and Geography up to an A2, which should leave me at 505 points.

Gonna start again tomorrow with:

-Finish an Irish essay on disfhostaíocht
    -Do 2x cash flow statements for grinds and maybe make a start on a suspense account.

Soccer is on this weekend..I'll try not get distracted ;)

Just finished doing the cash flow statements and wrote in total 630 words for the Irish aiste.

All before the Liverpool game at 4:10PM!!

Bit by bit I'm doing things, not as much as I like to get done, but so much homework to go through every night.

Another 2x cash flow statements done after school (6:30PM after supervised study for 2 hours)

• Advertisement

Haven't updated this in a while. Mocks are on this time next week, nothing done for them. Investing in some study books this week to try and do some last minute cramming!!

I am totally prepared for Accounting with all the grinds help I've been getting.

Looking into getting HL maths grinds after the mocks (absolutely screwed for maths)

Getting revise wise French and Irish, a physics study book and geography SRPs and model answers this week.

Oh, and got that Irish essay back. Perfect grammar, 626 words, 3 pages and still only a C1 (68%). I don't even know.

Advertisement