Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<SNIP>Phone repair service

Options
  • 27-12-2013 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Where do I start...

My daughter smashed the screen of my Galaxy S3 on Sunday, 15th Dec. I google screen repair and up came <SNIP>, so I submitted form online and got back my quote. They advised me my phone would be collected next day. The next day I emailed them again as I had no contact and got a call-back to advise my phone would be collected on the Tuesday, I asked if I needed to take my information off the phone and was told no, just take my sim out as they wouldn’t need to access the phone. Courier arrived and picked up the phone and the following day, Tuesday.

On Wednesday I got an email saying phone was ready and I needed to make payment of €145 which I did over the phone. On Thursday my handset arrived and I switched in on only to realise the phone had been wiped and was looking for network unlock code. I was furious but contacted Meteor for unlock code and planned following up with <SNIP> later. I got unlock code form meteor but it wouldn't work using the imei from the original box, when I typed *#06# into the phone a different imei came up.

I contacted <SNIP> and advised them they had sent me the wrong handset. The person who answered the phone said that the guy who dealt with my phone was off and there was a number of S3’s repaired and he would have to check all shipments to find out where my phone might be. Eventually I got a call-back, having called them twice for an update. They advised me a courier would come out and pick drop off my handset and take the wrong one from me, the next day, Friday.

On the Friday there was no sign of my phone so I contacted the courier to checkMiddle Abbey Str with him, he advised he had no delivery from me and that another driver was due to pick up my phone in Wicklow and to try them, so I called the Wicklow driver who told me he had gone to the house and the man there said he was not sending back my phone as it was perfect. Furious I rang <SNIP>, the guy I spoke to was the one I had been dealing with from day one. I told him I wanted my phone back and I was very upset as all my personal details were on the phone, including emails, text message, phone contacts but my biggest concern was my pictures as these included pics of my three year old. He promised me a call-back and that he would get it sorted and asked me for the number of the courier in Wicklow.

I got a call-back to advise that my phone was not in Wicklow, it was in fact with another customer in Dublin who had not opened the package yet. It was to be collected in Dublin on the Friday and I had a 60% chance of getting it Saturday or 100% on Monday, he also said they would refund me part of the money because of the issues. I was told I would get a call Saturday morning with update. I got no call on the Saturday and no reply when I tried calling them. On the Monday I received no call from <SNIP> and the courier advised me again he had no package for me. All my calls to <SNIP> on Monday were left unanswered.

I rang consumer affairs and they have advised me to persue through small claims, I contacted the gardai as I felt at this stage my phone was now stolen, they advised me to contact my solicitor as it was a civil matter. I contacted meteor and blacklisted the imei.

So today I have no phone, no contact with <SNIP> and I’m just heartbroken from the whole experience. Unable to take pics on Christmas day and no contact numbers for friends and family. I usually don’t broadcast my issues but on this occasion I will not back down. I want my phone back and I believe <SNIP> are responsible for more than just a really bad service, they have put my personal data at risk. Can anyone advise me if there is anything else I can do??:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Littlelulu13

Sorry I can't offer any help but just want to say that it is an awful situation to be in and I really hope you get your own phone back :(

Advertisement