Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social sites for meeting others who want to work abroad

• 27-12-2013 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

I'm not sure where to post this, but here goes; I've worked as as a TEFL Teacher abroad for the past few years and it has taken me to quite a few places. Anyway, I've met some great friends in the various places etc. but have always gone alone. I usually line up the job before and it has always worked out fine. I'm in Ireland again at the moment and thinking of venturing off again (not sure where yet) However, I would kind of like to have someone to go with for a change! My friends have different occupations/commitments/locations.

Does anyone know a site where you can meet others who want to go abroad to work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭lc180

Have you ever heard of meetup.com? its a pretty cool website with tonnes of different groups for different interests. I've used it a bit since I moved to Dublin, especially for gigs as most of my mates wouldn't have the same taste as myself. I don't know if the travel meetup below fits your criteria but it might be a good way meet like-minded people.

http://www.meetup.com/Dublin-World-Travel-Meetup/

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

o id love a cork version of it

Advertisement