Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aborist West Waterford/South Tipp

• 27-12-2013 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭

Hi
    looking for a n aborist to assess condition of 100ft high beech trees near roadside.
    spent the morning cutting one that came down last night, to my uneducated eye one or two others don't look great.
    Not my trees but owner, understandably, is reluctant to drop trees if not necessary.
    Any names or recommendations appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

You can do a quick assessment yourself whilst waiting. Check for the appearance of conches along the trunks and large limbs. Rotten limbs. Uneven weighted trunks, a lot of limbs or larger limbs towards one side of the tree. Check around the soil to see if there are any cracks in it as the tree is free to move too much, or the soil can not hold it. Is it near a culvert, stream, etc. Have large limbs fallen form the tree, has it lost it's top, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Thanks Reindeer will do assessment later. Busy day!
    Thank you very much for your help.

Will come back to you later

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

I dont know if this lad is still going Noel Ryan Brooklands faithlegg i will pm you the number i have now this number could have changed it has been a long time since i talk to noel .

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jameswburke

Treeline Ltd cover the South East and have all the gear (059) 97 75777. They do a lot of work for the OPW - saw them at Altamont Gardens clearing a fallen beech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

These can point you towards you local arborist:
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~goodwinarborist/

• Advertisement
Advertisement