Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin times changed

Options
  • 27-12-2013 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

FYI: with the heavy winds allot of people on our street (skerries) didn't put their bins out. Figured they would put them out this morning. No problem given the collection is always in the afternoon.

Panda just stormed through. I didn't get the brown bin (stuffed to the top) out in time but barely got the black bin out.

Gonna be allot of pissed off people when they realize!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

I put my green bin out, Xmas night, on the off-chance it would be emptied on Thursday, usually around 8am.
    It was, just as well, as we had the family over Thursday, lots of cans, and other debris,
    Well done Panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

As there would be very few bins out, they will be much earlier so never safe to amuse the afternoon if usually the case. Panda say always before 7am, as routes can change for road works etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Davy wrote: »
    As there would be very few bins out, they will be much earlier so never safe to amuse the afternoon if usually the case. Panda say always before 7am, as routes can change for road works etc
    ^^^
    This.
    As there are a lot less bins out the crews are getting through their routes a lot quicker then usual.
    If you missed the truck for whatever bin you need emptied you can ring the office on Mon morn and tell them you missed it and a crew will come out and empty it for you as long as you leave it out as instructed by the call centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I know they say have em out before 7am. And usually when I leave for work at half six in the morning ye can't move for the bins out.

But with last night a load of people had their bins in their drives so they didn't get tipped over and crap blown everywhere. A cursory glance down the road confirmed that most houses were like this. Obviously people's bins are full after Christmas/consumption day.

And people didn't want their bins out all day with the continued chance of having yer rubbish blown everywhere.

But the lads in the truck just picked what was actually on the street which was three bloody bins.

I'm not saying it's anyone's fault just that people should expect different pickup times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Would it be fair to say they will not be doing another black bin collection till the next slot, in my case next Friday? I put the bin out around 9am, but it, like all the others on my road remain uncollected. Fair enough if they came between 7am-9am, but like lots of others the risk of the bin getting blown over the previous night was too great. Brown bin was collected in the afternoon, no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Yeah its basically as normal collection from now on with the obvious exception of Wed.
    However if its really full then you can ring in.

@mods:
    just tryin to be helpful here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

We got texts from Panda advising of changed collection times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Stheno wrote: »
    We got texts from Panda advising of changed collection times

Really? We got nothing.

Which actually pisses me off cos then they knew this was going to cause problems for people but they only bothered telling some customers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

quad_red wrote: »
    Really? We got nothing.

Which actually pisses me off cos then they knew this was going to cause problems for people but they only bothered telling some customers.

Possibly as our collection day is a weds.

Advertisement