Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Waking Style

Options
  • 27-12-2013 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi everyone,

I hope I'm putting this into the right forum but if not feel free to move my post.

I'm not sure how long this has been going on but whenever I'm woken up by my fiance coming into our bedroom I freak out, I make this horrible gasping/screaming banshee sound that must be horrifying for him. It happens anytime I'm accidentally awoken, sometimes just because he rolls over to put his arm around me!! I'm never having a nightmare when this happens so can't put it down to that. Although I do think it's probably triggered by things from my childhood.

Almost the worst part of this is that I don't remember it happening when I wake up properly and it seems to have escalated, last night he came to bed about an hour after me, when he came in our bedroom door I did my usual blood curdling scream but I also jumped out of the bed excorcist style!! I woke standing up in the middle of our room with a terrified man standing in front of me!! I was in a car accident this year which has left me not too mobile so I really don't know how I managed to even vault out of the bed like that!!

I might mention it to my doctor but I just was hoping someone else here might have gone through similar and could offer any tips to stop this happening in future. It's not a long term solution that he has to come to bed with me every night.

Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lewlew

Hi, I am sorry I have no advice for you. The exact same thing does happen to me, sometimes 3 or 4 times a week. My partner says that he has never heard anyone screaming llike I do. Sometimes he hears me screaming when he's watching tv. I don't jump out of bed every time but I know the next day when I have because my legs ache. I didn't have a particularly difficult childhood, cannot find any triggers. I hope this makes you feel like your not alone, and you get some answers!!

Advertisement