Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cisterns Not Filling

• 27-12-2013 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Any solutions please HELP !

Cisterns in two upstairs toilets not filling after flushing, hot water taps working fine, downstairs cistern filling ok too.

If it was just one that stopped I'd assume it was the mechanics of the jacks but two not to fill is just weird ????

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Check do the pins which the arms push on come out after flushing. If not it needs new rubbers.
    Could also be dirt stuck in it.

If its the type with what's like a small cup instead of a ball you just change the whole filler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Check do the pins which the arms push on come out after flushing. If not it needs new rubbers.
    Could also be dirt stuck in it.

If its the type with what's like a small cup instead of a ball you just change the whole filler

But is it not a bit weird how 2 went at the exact same time??? I.e they were both working yesterday, today, nada

Will try post pic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

vicwatson wrote: »
    But is it not a bit weird how 2 went at the exact same time??? I.e they were both working yesterday, today, nada

Will try post pic

Are you getting cold water to taps in those bathrooms?

almighty1 wrote: »
    Are you getting cold water to taps in those bathrooms?

I am, I assume that comes from the street as opposed to the tank in the attic? I also assume the tank in the attic feeds the cisterns ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭laois hibby

have you recently put toilet blocks into cisterns of both toilets. my daughter did this 2 weeks ago and next day both toilets wouldn't fill. the blocks slip down to the exit pipe from cistern to toilet which stopped the internals from closing

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    I am, I assume that comes from the street as opposed to the tank in the attic? I also assume the tank in the attic feeds the cisterns ??

Generally both would come from your attic tank. Have you checked the tank? Sometimes the ballcocks get stuck.

have you recently put toilet blocks into cisterns of both toilets. my daughter did this 2 weeks ago and next day both toilets wouldn't fill. the blocks slip down to the exit pipe from cistern to toilet which stopped the internals from closing

No, don't use them at all

almighty1 wrote: »
    Generally both would come from your attic tank. Have you checked the tank? Sometimes the ballcocks get stuck.

Haven't checked tank. Prob not ballcock stuck as one downstairs is fine and i have hot water from the tank in the hot press.

Only thing I can think of then is an airlock.

Advertisement