Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus oil to be avoided

Options
  • 27-12-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Campus oil a company to be avoided at all.
    They took a deposit payment on the 29.11.2013 to start the monthly payments of 140€ a month after and refill the oil thank.
    Today 27.12.2013 the bank details never was token by them and they leave us running out of oil up to next week. for them to check things with their financial department and leave us without oil until they check everything out internally, even after we said that I have a 2 years old son and that we could pay the 140€ today by cash, cheque or card.
    Please make sure that you will think twice before order from this company. They also ruined my garden last delivery and I never reported
    They first was saying that the manager was not there today was in holidays. Then they turned off the call and they was turning off my call until I ring without number and then mysteriously a women name's <SNIP> came to the phone who says that was the manager.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Moved from the Accommodation and Property Forum.
    Please note- the forum charter and rules governing posting in this forum will now apply.

Regards,

The_Conductor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Alexendra, I feel your pain. I had a run in with them a couple of years ago. Had a run out on a Friday evening and called them first thing on Saturday morning. They said it was too late to order and that they did not do same day delivery at the weekend.

I was disgusted with their attitude towards a regular customer. I remember explaining it was a bank holiday weekend and we had a new born and we were empty but they still left us high and dry.

Rang their competitor and they helped me out straight away, even bled the boiler.

Alexendra, seek out the competitors. Call first thing in the morning, suggest after 8am and you will get sorted. Suggest you cancel the standing order also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

nanook wrote: »
    Alexendra, I feel your pain. I had a run in with them a couple of years ago. Had a run out on a Friday evening and called them first thing on Saturday morning. They said it was too late to order and that they did not do same day delivery at the weekend.

I was disgusted with their attitude towards a regular customer. I remember explaining it was a bank holiday weekend and we had a new born and we were empty but they still left us high and dry.

Rang their competitor and they helped me out straight away, even bled the boiler.

Alexendra, seek out the competitors. Call first thing in the morning, suggest after 8am and you will get sorted. Suggest you cancel the standing order also.

Surely its up to you to plan a delivery in good time so as to avoid running dry?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They are never the cheapest either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

OP you do realise that the 27th was not a working day for the banks and no transactions were processed?
    The money will be taken next working day. ..this is not Campus Oils fault either, it is just the way the holidays fell this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have used campus for over 25 years - even before they were called campus - and all I can say is that they were always efficient, polite, and a pleasure to deal with. I would never expect to phone on a Saturday morning and get delivery that same day. To be honest that is a bit cheeky and poor household management if you run out of oil like that.
    As for expecting monies to go through the bank on 27th December - it's Christmas!
    Anyway, I would recommend Campus Oil simply because of their excellent service to me over the years.

OP you do realise that the 27th was not a working day for the banks and no transactions were processed?
    The money will be taken next working day. ..this is not Campus Oils fault either, it is just the way the holidays fell this year.

I'm actually surprised- I know I was in work on the 27th- and its not a bankholiday....... I could take it off as annual leave- but its certainly not a standard holiday. I didn't know the banks weren't working....... Government Departments and Councils all worked the 27th as usual.

I have used campus for over 25 years - even before they were called campus - and all I can say is that they were always efficient, polite, and a pleasure to deal with. I would never expect to phone on a Saturday morning and get delivery that same day. To be honest that is a bit cheeky and poor household management if you run out of oil like that.
    As for expecting monies to go through the bank on 27th December - it's Christmas!
    Anyway, I would recommend Campus Oil simply because of their excellent service to me over the years.

Have to echo this.
    Ringing on a Saturday morning and expecting same day delivery is entering some realm of fantasy- no company do this. You may get same day delivery on a weekday- but even this is normally curtailed to orders received before a certain time etc.
    It was unrealistic in the extreme to expect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I'm actually surprised- I know I was in work on the 27th- and its not a bankholiday....... I could take it off as annual leave- but its certainly not a standard holiday. I didn't know the banks weren't working....... Government Departments and Councils all worked the 27th as usual.

Unofficial bankers holiday every year

W(B)ankers the lot of them.........:mad:

• Advertisement

Like Good Friday, the day after St Stephen's Day is a bank holiday but not a public holiday.

Nothing unofficial about it. It's an official bank holiday!

Nothing unofficial about it. It's an official bank holiday!

Just checked- it comes up as 'Banks are closed' but not 'Bank Holiday'- because calling it a bank holiday would entitle everyone else to Sunday pay for working the day. Sigh....... If the banks are closed, call a spade a spade, and call it a damn bank holiday.........

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

+1 on this for me too, Used them for past 10 years, no issues, competitive on price too !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Just checked- it comes up as 'Banks are closed' but not 'Bank Holiday'- because calling it a bank holiday would entitle everyone else to Sunday pay for working the day. Sigh....... If the banks are closed, call a spade a spade, and call it a damn bank holiday.........

Legally that is a 'public holiday'. Banks can choose what days to close and call them 'bank holidays' but they do not impose an obligation on employers to pay an extra day's pay or give the day off. As already stated, Good Friday is an example of a bank holiday (when all of the banks are closed) which is not a public holiday.

On a public holiday you are entitled to either the day off with pay or (if you work on the day) you are entitled to a extra day's pay or a day off in lieu or an additional day's annual leave. None of which applies on Good Friday or Dec 27th.

And while we're on the topic, if March 17th falls on a Saturday, the Saturday is a public holiday, the following Monday (19th) is a bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

The 27th is a Bank Holiday (Banks and Post Offices closed) but not a Public Holiday...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

coylemj wrote: »
    Legally that is a 'public holiday'. Banks can choose what days to close and call them 'bank holidays' but they do not impose an obligation on employers to pay an extra day's pay or give the day off. As already stated, Good Friday is an example of a bank holiday (when all of the banks are closed) which is not a public holiday.

On a public holiday you are entitled to either the day off with pay or (if you work on the day) you are entitled to a extra day's pay or a day off in lieu or an additional day's annual leave. None of which applies on Good Friday or Dec 27th.

And while we're on the topic, if March 17th falls on a Saturday, the Saturday is a public holiday, the following Monday (19th) is a bank holiday.

It's more than a bank holiday, for employment purposes it's legally a public holiday so don't expect normal business on the following Monday.
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1973/en/act/pub/0025/sched1.html#sched1
    Days which are public holidays
    Section 1 .
    1. Each of the following days shall,
    subject to the subsequent paragraphs, be a public holiday for the purposes of this Act:
    (a) Christmas Day if falling on a weekday or, if not, the next Tuesday,
    (b) St. Stephen's Day if falling on a weekday or, if not, the next day,
    (c) St. Patrick's Day if falling on a weekday or, if not, the next day,
    (d) Easter Monday, the first Monday in June and the first Monday in August,
    (e) a day appointed by regulations to be a public holiday for those purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Public holidays are for all. Bank holiday is used in error by many people when they talk about public holidays. The same way they call a dyson a hoover, a 4x4 a jeep etc etc.

Banks have three holiday days at Christmas.

As for the op - expecting same day delivery is ridiculous. Tank journey plans are made thecday before and tankers are loaded with the specific amount ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Enough discussion on the topic of Public vs Bank Holidays. The thread has completely gone off topic.

dudara

Advertisement