Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New 1000sq feet bungalow system advice

• 27-12-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi

Is anybody using air/water heatpumps successfully?

Im in front of important decision to choose central heating system.

- House will be 3 bed semi-detached bungalow 92m2 (1012 sq. ft.) rated B2 with oil heating.

- there is no gas option

- upvc double glazed windows

- very well insulated ( brick, blocks , 16 inch insulations -structure)

- rear garden is probably around 13 x 13 meters

I want to go with UFH to hall, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living room and
    3 Alu radiators to bedrooms or radiator in living room as well.

1st options : is to go with air / water ( helioterm or daikin or viessmann ) heat pump with solar option which can be added to the system later on if our budget will not cover it now.

How many kw output hp i will need ? We'll need hot water as well , how big cilinder in liters for 3 person family?

2nd option is some kind of new brine/water heatpump with ice storage which can be placed underground 1.5 m, but im not sure how much more expensive will it be for dig and probably we will need some permit for it.

3rd option is to stay with oil and get thermal solar panels

4rd option -- pellet boiler + solar

Can anybody please give me some advice because im in big trauma for last month and cannot find clear answer anywhere online.

Thanks very much

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

From the spec, BER rating and lack of detail u have available, Don't bother with ufh , as assuming this is is a 'buy of the plans' to old regs (B2) home, then the attention to detail and insulation won't be there for HP & ufh. If you have storage for pellet boiler then do consider this too, but Mvhr or air-tightness were not mentioned, so I'd recommend oil with solar panels & 300l tank. Good luck with your project

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mariorainy

Shell of the house is built, everything else will be build in 12-14 weeks, i can ask for extra specific insulations , will it worth it to go with UHF and HP then?
    Im really begginer in this kind of stuff and this will be our first house.

Thank you very much for help

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

mariorainy wrote: »
    Shell of the house is built, everything else will be build in 12-14 weeks, i can ask for extra specific insulations , will it worth it to go with UHF and HP then?
    Im really begginer in this kind of stuff and this will be our first house.

Thank you very much for help
    IMHO
    Thermal bridges, Air-tightness, General floor and wall insulation, Think windows & thresholds too
    If be making a real effort to deal with the above before choosing hp & ufh

Thank you

That can be done of course, floor insulation is good as contractor explained to me already and it will be more insulated if i will go with uhf.

Should i go with triple glazed windows, or eLow double glazed?

After air tightness and other needed insulation will be done, then

which hp pump can i choose ??

Thanks

How much can cost 70-100m geo drilling for hp probe closed system?
    Do i need any permission?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Condenser

mariorainy wrote: »
    How much can cost 70-100m geo drilling for hp probe closed system?
    Do i need any permission?
    Thanks

Done properly, fully grouted etc you would be looking at €2500 to €3200 region
    no permission needed

Thank you ! Thats probably more worth than air /water hp

Advertisement